Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amsoil Octane Boost  (Read 1215 times)

rainierexpress

• Wherever you go, there you are

• CVO1: 2008 CVO Softail Springer
Amsoil Octane Boost
« on: June 29, 2008, 05:56:04 PM »

I'm interested in trying the Amsoil octane boost product, but am not sure if it is ok to use on my bike. I'm concerned about three things:

- Plug fouling
- Oxygen sensors
- Catalytic converter

Does anyone have any experience or information on using this product with the '08 110 engine? I ran a search but could not find anything on the Amsoil product specifically. Thanks.
2008 CVO Softail Springer
Anniversary Colors
Vance and Hines Big Radius 2-2
ThunderMax with Autotune
Blenn-Air Oil Cooler
Ness 3" Forward Control Extension

hogasm

Re: Amsoil Octane Boost
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 07:29:05 PM »

I'm interested in trying the Amsoil octane boost product, but am not sure if it is ok to use on my bike. I'm concerned about three things:

- Plug fouling
- Oxygen sensors
- Catalytic converter

Does anyone have any experience or information on using this product with the '08 110 engine? I ran a search but could not find anything on the Amsoil product specifically. Thanks.

Cant say about a '08 110.....but in a '04 slightly modified 103 it works fine :2vrolijk_21:

I only run octane booster occasionally....always thought it would cost more money than the good it would do....if you have a good tune on your motor, you really don't need it.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 08:33:09 PM »

Why are you thinking about using an octane booster?  If you have a detonation problem while running the recommended 91 octane fuel, you would be better served having the bike tuned properly. 

Octane boosters come in different versions, street legal and off-road/racing use.  The street legal stuff doesn't do a whole lot, but it also doesn't cause the EPA to have a tissy fit.  The off road stuff is not recommended for emission controlled vehicles since it can screw up sensors and catalysts.  All I can say about the Amsoil booster is that the wording on the product description would lead me to believe it is not the street legal stuff.

"Octane Boost Product Code: AOBBE-EA   

Maximizes power and improves performance in all two-cycle and four-cycle gasoline engines. Increases octane number up to seven points. Reduces engine knock, improves ignition and engine response, helps fuel burn cleaner and inhibits corrosion. Recommended for off-road and racing use. "

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 09:29:46 PM »

Have tried numerous Octane booster products. All of the ones I have tried create a glaze on the spark plugs in a very short period of time. I would think you'd be better off buying a couple of 5 gallon gas cans and keeping them filled with Torco or CAM II Racing fuel and adding a gallon or two to your tank with each fill-up. (where possible) Seems to me a couple gallons of 110 Octane mixed with 3 gallons of 93 Octane should yield something around 96 Octane. If you motor won't run good on that, you've got some issues with tune and perhaps other items

B B

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.