Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Caught on tape: Motorcycle stunts scare I-5 motorists  (Read 2119 times)

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
Re: Caught on tape: Motorcycle stunts scare I-5 motorists
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 11:56:20 AM »

That's child play comparing to what they do in NJ.  2 years ago I was driving on Garden state parkway in express lane and I saw a young kid on local side with heavy traffic going about 75 mph got off his bike stood up next to it, holding on to handle bars and did a ride-along at that high speed with sparks flying behind his boots, I nearly crashed my car, I was so shocked.  All he needed was a crack in the pavement or a pothole and he would have been ... 
(I wounder if the HAZ-MAT dump sites in "Garden State" that makes them go crazy like that)

Between the outlaw bikers and rice burner nuts, we don't have a chance expecting respect from cagers.

Do you think these people with video cams would have made the same call if they had seen a cage trying to breakup a group of riders or run them off the road as it happened to those guys in Chicago area?
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »

That's child play comparing to what they do in NJ.  2 years ago I was driving on Garden state parkway in express lane and I saw a young kid on local side with heavy traffic going about 75 mph got off his bike stood up next to it, holding on to handle bars and did a ride-along at that high speed with sparks flying behind his boots, I nearly crashed my car, I was so shocked.  All he needed was a crack in the pavement or a pothole and he would have been ... 
(I wounder if the HAZ-MAT dump sites in "Garden State" that makes them go crazy like that)

Between the outlaw bikers and rice burner nuts, we don't have a chance expecting respect from cagers.

Do you think these people with video cams would have made the same call if they had seen a cage trying to breakup a group of riders or run them off the road as it happened to those guys in Chicago area?

Interesting post. Where does a guy who's lived the life I have on motorcycles go with this ? 

Discretion being the better part of valor, I think the appropriate response would be nowhere

B B

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2008, 12:40:08 PM »

Interesting response.  If you are not in one of the two categories mentioned, then you must be like the rest of us, a group that wanna enjoy riding their scoots, not looking for trouble and only trying to show off our skills in customizing our bikes.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2008, 01:36:19 PM »

Interesting response.  If you are not in one of the two categories mentioned, then you must be like the rest of us, a group that wanna enjoy riding their scoots, not looking for trouble and only trying to show off our skills in customizing our bikes.

In my 40 years of riding motorcycles I've been on every side of this debate. We all have our own reasons for enjoying this sport, or hobby or lifestyle or whatever name suits you. Do I ride down I-5 on a Hyabusa standing on my rear pegs with the front wheel almost vertical at 70 mph ? NO effin way. Do I wish I had the skill to do so ? Youbetcha. In case nobody's been paying attention, there is a huge huge segment of the motorcycle industry now devoted to stunt/skill riding. How is what they're doing in that video any worse than hundreds of posts I've seen on this site by our members from all walks so to speak jawing with each other about riding on public roads well in excess of 100mph ? Is it because those of us who go out there and street race with each other hitting speeds of 140- 150 mph " have the necessary skill " ?  Come on , that's just a wee bit too much hubris for my taste. And your comments about Outlaw Bikers. Exactly what do you mean by that ? I flew a 1% patch for 15 years and now these days,  I'm a walking advertisement for Harley-Davidson. I can tell you in all honesty, average Joe Citizen knows the difference between the two. So what ever I did as an "outlaw biker" really didn't affect anyone's opinion of Mr. Ultra-Classic, Mr Goldwing or whomever. Only those who are so closed minded that they dislike anyone who does anything that they don't lump us all together. People in general are a hell of lot smarter AND observant than your post is giving them credit for. This entire thread sounds like somebody put a bug in the lounge area of a retirement home set on a golf course.  :soapbox:

B B

2PAK

• Full CVO Member
  • I'm not young enough to know everything.
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 05:17:59 PM »

This is Seattle folks. Half the men here wear thier zipper on side and thier women (who you can hear in the video just so beyond themselves at this public display) usually run the show.  The rest of us who live here and own several trousers with the zippers placed on the front would have told her to just pipe the F*ck down and enjoy the show while backing off the speed of our car to let these ya-hoos go off by themselves..

IRyde

• Chrome!! Zippin' by on an Electra Glide... Dual Tail Pipes... Doin' 105... In The Broad Daylight... On a Two Lane... Headin' Outta Town!!!!
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE2
    • My Website
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 05:59:31 PM »

This is Seattle folks. Half the men here wear thier zipper on side and thier women (who you can hear in the video just so beyond themselves at this public display) usually run the show.  The rest of us who live here and own several trousers with the zippers placed on the front would have told her to just pipe the F*ck down and enjoy the show while backing off the speed of our car to let these ya-hoos go off by themselves..

I agree with you 2PAK!  This is very common up here as I am sure elsewhere.  The thing I appreciate the most about these guys is that they can get the bad publicity and keep the attention of the V-twins. 

It makes me wonder if the state patrol gave him a ticket for admitting speeds of 72mph + that he was travelling to keep pace.

JoMo

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 08 black & chrome soft tail custom
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »

I don't have anything against crotch rockets, if you want to ride them.
Stunt riding zipping through traffic splitting the lanes at high speeds is grate
on a track or controlled enviorment, not on the street or highway.
Rattle the cages and it does make it dangerous for the regular rider out there,
some of the kids out there don't even have a license!!! Wheelies stopies they should
be stoped and checked, or an area should be giving to these riders to perform all the
tricks they do.Maybe then they would be more mindfull of the rules of the road. :nixweiss:

Jo Mo
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 25 queries.