Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Corbin Classic Solo Seat  (Read 2539 times)

Skidgy

• CVO1: '08 FXSTSSE2
Corbin Classic Solo Seat
« on: July 08, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »

Curious to know if anyone has pics of the Corbin Classic Solo seat on an '08 Springer.  Also, I've read in previous posts about problems people have been having with Corbin Seats on their '08 Springers and was wondering if this is still the case.  On the Corbin website, they only show two choices for the '08's so I'm kinda nervous that they are still having trouble with the seats.

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: Corbin Classic Solo Seat
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:38:33 AM »

The Corbin Classic Solo seat for the FXSTSSE2 doesn't fit properly and Corbin is not acknowledging that there is a problem with the design. There is a 1/2 inch gap on the rear of the seat between the seat and fender and the seat won't lock in place at all...which kind of defeats the purpose of the lock. Here is a close-up picture...

Guilty

• Got Dead?
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 12:41:16 AM »

Since I have the passenger pillion, I am able to cover up the ugly gap on the rear of the seat. Here is a picture from further back with the passenger pillion installed. Also, the Corbin Classic Solo seat position moved me forward 1-1/2 - 2 inches - I don't like that either, it makes me feel like I am sitting on the gas tank. I would like to see Corbin correct the design problem with the Classic Solo and offer a Hollywood Solo using the corrected pan design, the seating position would be much better and a Hollywood Solo would fit the lines of the FXSTSSE2 better. With regards to the passenger pillion...my wife likes it A LOT better than the uncomfortable stock seat.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 12:55:17 AM by Guilty »

Skidgy

• CVO1: '08 FXSTSSE2
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 03:46:17 PM »

Thanks Guilty.  I was wondering about seating position as well.  Even with the stock seat, I already feel the need to extend the forward controls out, and it sounds like that seat would make it a necessity.  Good news though about the pillion.  That's the #1 reason I need to get a new seat because my wife refuses to ride on that uncomfortable stock seat. 

I'm with you about the Hollywood Solo.  I hope Corbin gets around to making it for the FXSTSSE2, soon.

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 21 queries.