Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Things amateurs don't like....  (Read 6911 times)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Things amateurs don't like....
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 01:30:24 PM »

Now that's a picture, Mike! :o

Sorry to scare ya!    :o

A long day it was...The sourdough, dungeness and beer at Chrissy Field waterside made it worth it. 
Got my Boudin in the mail yesterday and ette one loaf already!
We are gonna miss you guys at the GTG this but are trying fro May 09 for a casual visit.   
Best to you nTerri.     ;)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2008, 10:40:41 PM »

Sorry to scare ya!    :o

A long day it was...The sourdough, dungeness and beer at Chrissy Field waterside made it worth it. 
Got my Boudin in the mail yesterday and ette one loaf already!
We are gonna miss you guys at the GTG this but are trying fro May 09 for a casual visit.   
Best to you nTerri.     ;)

Keep us posted on your plans.....we'll get a ride together and you'll get to meet the Nor Cal crew.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2008, 09:24:37 AM »

V,
I grew up riding dirt bikes, got my first street bike in 1996 (1995 1200 sporster). Then got a 1998 Heritage Springer, have had it 10 years. approx 46,000 miles. Got the 08 ultra May 30, 2008 have a little over 2,000 miles on it.

:2vrolijk_21:  Now that's impressive!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2008, 09:28:24 AM »

They do.

My Ride Like A Pro West Coast program has a small fleet of used Kawasaki Police Bikes that riders can take the course on. Nothing fancy, just a stripped down KZ1000. I got them at the suggestion of quite a few CVO owners. Seems like they were more inclined to learn the techniques when they didn't have to worry about dropping their own bike. Some folks want to take the course on their own bike, and I can appreciate it. But I have found that for a lot of riders it's easier to learn really lean a bike over and risk dropping it when it's not yours.

And since I'm close to the aiport, I developed my own "fly-n-ride" program. Riders come in before class, I pick them up, they take the course on a KZP, and I drop them back at the airport for a return flight. It saves them from having to get a hotel, rent a car and all that. I get a lot of riders from Northern California, Arizona, Colorado, Washington, Oregon, all the states that are within a couple hours flight time from Los Angeles.

Mark

Sounds like a great program.  I wish all the RLAP programs had the same format.  I'll check out your website.  Thanks!
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 26 queries.