Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 08 duracell best pipes  (Read 812 times)

harleymikeny

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
08 duracell best pipes
« on: August 21, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »

what is the best pipes with out much restriction and wont make people deaf. ty for the help

07street

• Full CVO Member
    • http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t18/04mastiff/
Re: 08 duracell best pipes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

today I had the vance and hines fuel pak and their true duals with the oval slip ons installed on my 08 duracell.  Fit aand finish is top notch however the pipes are a little louder than I was wanting them to be.

LabRat

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SECU Copper Canyon
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 11:03:22 PM »

I love my Bub7's, but they're on a Longhorn not a Duracell  ;)

jwygo

• JWYGO
  • Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 105th
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 11:42:28 PM »

My original Vance and Hines slash cuts on the duracell just drove me nutty.  The 110" engine is noisier than the 88 and 96.  I've had aftermarket slip-ons for years on my bikes. I'm just tired of the noise.  I spent a few months looking and finally tossed the dice with Super Trapp SE's.  One of the best decisions I've ever made.  They sell them as 3db over stock.  The sound is a low, deep rumble that still sounds pretty cool when you accelerate.  But is very quiet at cruise speeds.  My bike has the SERT, and the SE air filter.  I've notice no difference in performance but now I can hear the radio.  You would be amazed at how much more enjoyable the the Saturday afternoon cruise is.  I'm totally happy with the choice.  I bought them off one of the Ebay stores (American Classic Motors)  for about $425 which included shipping and the slash cut tips.

Page created in 0.116 seconds with 21 queries.