Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: HEAT COMING OFF 110 ENGINE ON 2008 BIKES  (Read 3684 times)

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
Re: HEAT COMING OFF 110 ENGINE ON 2008 BIKES
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 12:13:33 PM »

Well, I know that I haven't been on the site much lately, but the "XiEd" is a new one on me.  Tell me more!
They are a cheap fix.  But do bring afr's down.
They plug into o2 sensor plugs, make the fuel mixture rich. Do not change ve, or timing, which need to be changed for good tune.
This will cool engine down, but will  NOT give you best ride.
They richen up fuel every where in the power band.
You need a good map tune for bike to run right.
It should not just be about the bike being coooool, if it is tuned to run right, it will run cooler.
IMHO people are going after the wrong fix here, worring about heat, and not what really is causing it.
Tune it right, it will run cooler. A cheap fix is exactly that (CHEAP) dont buy a 40,000.00 bike then get cheap on a tune.  WTF
My buddy has 08 like mine (not same color)   ::)
He has same pipe,ac, as mine, but he has xied instead of tuner, I out run him in all riding situations, pulling hills, wot, passing cars,.
Yes xieds make your bike run cooler, because they are dumping more fuel in, but I can assure you your bike is not running as good as it could, not even close.
My buddy is now in the process of getting a tuner and dyno.
Thanks again to DOC for helping me understand how to adjust a map for good tune.
My bike now runs like it should have from fact, O'yea everybody, it runs coool also. 8)
IMHO some of the guys should read up on how this efi system works, before they just buy some sheap thing to (FIX) it, know what you are putting on your bike, and what it is going to do before you do it.
No, I do not know everything, I have alot to learn, still learning more every day.
But that is it, I am learning how the system works, (LIKE MANY OTHERS ON THIS SITE) instead of blindly putting chit on the bike because someone told me to.
Some of you should do the same, learn before you do.
Or it's the blind leading the blind.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 12:16:45 PM by bigdave110 »

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 01:15:41 PM »

I sort of operate on that, "If you don't know your jewels, know your jeweler!" principle.  I took both of my bikes to Brian Rose when he was at Bumpus (now at Southern Thunder - just south of Memphis in Desoto County, MS).  I put my trust in him for dyno tuning.  I'd be likely to do the same on a new bike - pipes, filter, SERT and dyno tuning.  I do sacrifice some fuel economy to have the bikes run the way that I like 'em, but I don't worry about running too lean and hot.

bigdave110

• Senior CVO Member
  • I can't take it with me N I ain't givin it to you!
    • PA

• CVO1: 2008,11,12,13 FLHTCUSE (all sold)
    • CVO2: 2015 CVO street glide(sold) 2017 CVO Street Glide(sold)
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO street glide (Black)
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 01:32:35 PM »

I sort of operate on that, "If you don't know your jewels, know your jeweler!" principle.  I took both of my bikes to Brian Rose when he was at Bumpus (now at Southern Thunder - just south of Memphis in Desoto County, MS).  I put my trust in him for dyno tuning.  I'd be likely to do the same on a new bike - pipes, filter, SERT and dyno tuning.  I do sacrifice some fuel economy to have the bikes run the way that I like 'em, but I don't worry about running too lean and hot.
[/quote
My point exactly, a good running bike will run cooler, better, and longer, if we cant do it, find someone who can.
Nothing worth anything is cheap,  (CHEAP IS EXACTLY THAT, CHEAP). ::)

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 03:19:40 PM »

The bike in it's delivered form was way to hot running for my tastes.
True duals and a dyno tune with a AFR down to 13.6 and the Kuryakyn heat sheilds all have made this an acceptable ride and not really any hotter than my twin Cam 95 on the Duece
Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

PHAZE

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '05 SEEG/'06 CUSE/'07 SERK/'09 SERG (ALL SOLD)
    • CVO2: '09 CVO Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz (SOLD)
    • CVO3: '11.5 CVO Ultra Classic Twilight Blue/Candy Cobalt
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2008, 01:59:14 PM »

I did a test ride on the '09 CUSE yesterday.  The temp was about 102° F.  I really did not sense the heat problem off the bike this year like I did on the test ride of the '08 last year.  I'm not sure what made the difference.  It could be the reroute of the pipes and now standard heat deflectors. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 06:33:59 PM by PHAZE »

aushog

• 2008 Frosty
  • Full CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 02:44:20 PM »

I tried the Kuryakin heat shields, helped a little but not really much.  Put on the IED's and now it's OK, even in the 100+ heat of a Texas Summer.  Warmer than my 2003 Heritage, but OK.

I know a full map, tune, pipes would be a better fix, but I'm OK with what I got.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 03:21:41 PM »

On my 08 SEUC I installed Reinhart Slip-ons,SERT,HB Intake and had bike fattened up with fuel on the Dyno and major heat problems went away. I do have HD deflectors on the seat and they are a good investment!! Took off my front lowers to allow more air flow accross motor and to move heat away. When I first got the bike and rode from Phoenix to Tucson the heat from the motor was so intense that it burned a hole in my heal of my right foot. Now it run's soo strong and so much cooler. 8)
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »

I put the SE AC and V&H Tru Duals on my 08 SEUC and I don't think it is as hot as my 02 Ultra was.  The $100 dipstick usually shows about 225 degrees when riding in 90 - 100 degree weather.

I would try pipes, ac, and SERT with dyno tune :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 25 queries.