Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Upgrade offer.... dated August 27,2008  (Read 1154 times)

grmmpy

• Grumpy sees all and knows all

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Anniversary Edition # 56
Upgrade offer.... dated August 27,2008
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:33:52 AM »

Just received the letter from the MOCO; but they don't state what this upgrade offer is.

My current copper scoot is still in the shop >:( (6 weeks) now after taking it in for the 12500 service.  I had no problems but wanted to jump on the 2 recalls that were out there.  Well they ripped the motor apart only to find they had the wrong heads, then they ordered them; but they were on back order.  I noticed the rear cylinder's powder coat was peeling; so I mentioned it to them.  They did a warranty replacement but the one that came in was in worse shape.  I then find out that there was batch made that had bad powder coating...........so now I am waiting again; but for both cylinders to be replaced.  Supposedly the come off of back order at the end of the month.

I am wondering if I should let them take their sweet ole time on fixing it so that I can learn what the upgrade offer is. :-\

any thoughts?
Keep the shiney side up and the rubber side down

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
Re: Upgrade offer.... dated August 27,2008
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:08:36 PM »

Well got my book and bike back yesterday after having it in for the upgrade the book is nice but the bike is much better runs cooler and accelerates better sounds better and no top end clatter at all idles much smoother overall very pleased with it has never run this good since new

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 12:11:51 PM »

Redbone,

Could you give us the exact nature of the repairs/upgrades? also, keep us posted on the progress of it holding together. Most of the bikes that have been repaired ended up back in the shop after 1,000-5,000 miles. Thanks!

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

grmmpy

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »

Well got my book and bike back yesterday after having it in for the upgrade the book is nice but the bike is much better runs cooler and accelerates better sounds better and no top end clatter at all idles much smoother overall very pleased with it has never run this good since new

which upgrade are you referring to?  the heads and fuel filter?  That is what mine went in for initially in August.......before that I never had a problem with her.  She has R/H true duals and ran nice an cool

RedBone

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 FLHTCUSE Copper Canyon
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:00:02 PM »

which upgrade are you referring to?  the heads and fuel filter?  That is what mine went in for initially in August.......before that I never had a problem with her.  She has R/H true duals and ran nice an cool
Yea both of those and like I said has never run as good so far most notably idle and acceleration much smoother

grmmpy

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 09:17:56 AM »

Redbone,

I wonder if this new free upgrade offer is the same; just to heads and fuel filter swap.  Will be interesting to see; if so it is strange that on the initial 2 mailings the heads were something that you could do over the next two years; while the fuel swap needed to be done now.  This new letter simply states that it is an upgrade offer.......nothing more nothing less.

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 25 queries.