Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: New SERG  (Read 6877 times)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: New SERG
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »

Sierramadre,

Curious to hear your thoughts after a weekend with the bike....  Sure hope you enjoyed it!

g

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

just-us-6

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 02:30:24 PM »

I love those Reinharts on there, The black endcaps look good with that paint scheme.
2009 SERG Orange - Heavy breather, catless headpipe, fullsac 2.25", Cyclerama heads, T-man 625 cams, Chrome inner primary, diamond cut heads and cylinders, Hawgwired amp and speakers, Xenon Hid headlights, Led front turn signals, passenger foot boards and pegs moved to crash bars, chopped tour pack, remote alarm, Harley radar detector, SE Pro tuner, Cee Bailey Windshield, VPC clutch, front saddlebag guards, dash oil temp gauge, led spoilers for saddlebags and tourpack, reflectors removed!

Sierramadre

• Elite CVO Member
  • "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 03:03:56 PM »

Sierramadre,

Curious to hear your thoughts after a weekend with the bike....  Sure hope you enjoyed it!

g

Greg, The bike was great.  I had to dodge the rain but I managed to put on about 250 miles.  I'm impressed with the bike's light feel (for weighing 850 Lbs) and its braking.  I definitely need to upgrade the speakers as you recommended because on the highway you can't hear much.  There is plenty of power but the sound needs to be improved-I'm guessing the Rinehart header pipe without the catalytic converter will do the trick.

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 03:28:03 PM »

Sierramadre,

Very glad to hear you liked the bike!  Sorry about the rain but I'm thinking with the bodywork, it should be a bit easier to clean up.  850 pounds sure is a lot.  That 110" motor must weigh more.  I can't think of why else the CVO would weigh so much more than the regular bike.  The extra body work can't weigh much.  The forged wheels should be lighter than stock.  Speakers should be an easy swap.  I got my last pair directly from J&M but your HD dealer may discount them a few bucks for you.  Enjoy!

I keep reading about guys putting on slip on mufflers which is OK but I can't help but want to see what headpipes come out so I can upgrade in one swell foop.  The HD mufflers look good but the crossover pipe does not.  It looks a bit flimsy and I wonder about the flow as it changes shape.  Funny how we love the bikes but criticize so many details.  Your Rineharts look great!  I'll probably do that if their headpipes are not ready when I get my bike.  Out here in CA we have to be careful about exhaust mods....  If they ever start annual inspections, no catalytic conveter could be a problem.  Have to keep the stock pipes in the garage.  Still have not heard of anyone picking up a yellow / granite one.  Are you going with the spoiler on the tour pak?  Let me see a pic if you do.  Thanks!

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 21 queries.