Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Klock Werks Flair Windshield?  (Read 2250 times)

OILCAN1

• Full CVO Member
Klock Werks Flair Windshield?
« on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:53 PM »

When I was in Milwaukee last weekend I stopped by Hals HD for their party. I wandered into the Klock Werks booth. They were selling the S$#t out of these Flair windshields. The guy told me on a batwing fairing they will give you 15# of downforce on the front end(as compared to 30# of lifting pressure on a stock windsheild) They look cool and I was all set to buy one, but it would not fit with my Roadtec Conquest GPS(fairing mount) Any way the dude said they have a slightly taller one coming out in october. The question I have is has any one out there tried one of these yet and if so are they the real deal do they really dramatically improve the handling as the rep claims?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Klock Werks Flair Windshield?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 10:05:42 PM »

I tried it hated it in its current configuration.   Being tall in the torso the wind was annoyingly in my face vs. blowing over me.   My feedback to klockworks was I needed the windshield to be about 2 inches taller.   I will probably try it again if they deliver on a taller one.   The only other consideration is if you have to duck in behind that windshield you are not able to see through it.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 10:11:22 PM »

hi,

works pretty dam good :2vrolijk_21:,bought one in mertle beach,talked to john dean down there and said I would notice the diff, or I could bring it back,so I said sure,put it on my flhx and the next day went to NC battleship and back.The CFO of the house approved 100%  :orange: :orange:after the ride :vrolijk_10:,she said it helped with her hearing the radio(ft speakers only) and took out most of the wind buffing she was getting from my 6" blade I was using.Has been on the bike since they installed it in MB.I like it so much(and the CFO)that I ordered another one for my 09cuse4 silver/blue to arrive shortly :bananarock: :bananarock:( if h-d doesn't push it back more :nixweiss:) most likely will beat the scoot here.

Jon
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

OILCAN1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 08:27:58 AM »

Hey Unbalanced, how tall is your current sheild, I am currently running a six inch and have no major issues with the wind  blowing me away. I do get some buffering that gets a little annoying some times. Did you happen to notice a handling difference?

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 04:39:45 PM »

The wind was catching me in the throat and the face and was driving me nuts, the windshield only lasted on the bike for 30 minutes ... Daytona to Home.

I have a slip stream 8 inch on the bike and that does the trick.   

The handling didnt seem any different to me.   They say more downforce, but I was just cruising about 75-80 home and it didnt make any significant difference.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

markt

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 05:15:13 PM »

I installed one on my SERK and love it.  It handles a bit better (more grip) and with my 5'8" height put the wind up and over my head.  Can't beat it for the price either.

...mark

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.