Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Side Cover Chipped by Dealer  (Read 2667 times)

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
Re: Side Cover Chipped by Dealer
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 11:07:08 AM »

the factory match will be just that a match   :2vrolijk_21: :)

I had a 2001 RoadGlide, Diamond Ice Pearl, I destroyed my left hardbag I purchased and returned 5 hardbags that I ordered from the factory and the color was noticeably off on all 5 bags. The red pinstripe color matched not the pinstripe location,  the Diamond Ice Pearl did not match. I had the bike painted to remedy the problem.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 11:07:49 AM »

2007 CVO Road King Candy Colalt Blue. Dealer doing recall, Detailer chipped side cover with Power Washer (washer tip hit side cover). The size of the chip was approximately 5/8" X 1/4". The Dealer sent the cover out to their painter, painted the entire cover and the cover came back with the Candy Cobalt Blue much darker than original. The Dealer is ordering a new side cover from HD. I do not believe the color of the new cover ordered from HD will match the rest of my bike. What would you do if you were me if the HD cover does not match?

Send the factory match cover back again if it does not match.  I did that with a gas tank - first one was not close on paint, second one shipped from the factory was fine.

You can still ride it with the one painted wrong, so have the factory do it until they get it right.  My 2 cents.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2008, 11:12:27 AM »

Send the factory match cover back again if it does not match.  I did that with a gas tank - first one was not close on paint, second one shipped from the factory was fine.

You can still ride it with the one painted wrong, so have the factory do it until they get it right.  My 2 cents.
It is my hope that the factory cover is right on, end of the situation. However, my personal experience with the factory paint matching is 0 for 5.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 11:15:18 AM »

It is my hope that the factory cover is right on, end of the situation. However, my personal experience with the factory paint matching is 0 for 5.

My first gas tank was not even close.  Then the second one showed up ok.  It may be more a matter of luck.  Might be worth the effort to have the Service Mgr. send a pic of the correct side cover to York (or wherever it is being painted by HD).

Good luck - you will need some to get this right.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Keats

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do not be led astray

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3
    • CVO2: 2003 FXSTDSEI
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »

I gave them the damaged cover to repair and the other cover for matching so matching would not be a problem. Failure is failure is it not?

I am sorry you have gone through that trouble and I understand your frustration and skepticism.

But the dealer has not failed yet......he is still working on it.....

I would bet the cover will be OK, they do not paint the tins as 1 complete group at a time.  I would think they batch them according to parts and all side covers get done the same time.

If matching was a huge issue they could not batch them together. 

Wait and see and prove me wrong.  I hope this does end soon for you.

Formally FLHTCUSE3
SoA #99.9            "Never say Die"
SEST,   open A/C , dyno tuned, D&D Fatcats 2 into 1 ceramic coated, new SE CNC Ported and coated Heads with 2.120 intake valve, SE camplate,
Jims SE Crank "Darkhorsed", Timkin conversion, Andrews 54H cams, Arnott Air shocks, intimidator front valves, HID headlights, LED turn signals, Moto Lights,  Zumo 550, SE compensator.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 02:48:23 PM »

I would like to take this time to thank all of you that have replied and let me know there is hope for this issue to be resolved to my liking.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 03:17:17 PM »

I would like to take this time to thank all of you that have replied and let me know there is hope for this issue to be resolved to my liking.

Like I said in my first post, the fact that your dealer is working with you is a positive sign and one that some members elsewhere will tell you they would not be as fortunat about. Good luck and remember the old saying about catching more flies with honey than vinegar.

B B

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 03:19:02 PM »

I certainly understand your frustration with Harley Davidson they are screwing up big time and I'm not sure there is light at the end of that tunnel . We all hope so . Best of luck !
If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

4pops

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008, 09:03:06 PM »

This is for Red Devil. What is your bike doing in a trailer?   HAHAHAHAH

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2008, 09:13:51 PM »

This is for Red Devil. What is your bike doing in a trailer?   HAHAHAHAH

Actually, it's a 5th Wheel Toy Hauler...our home on the road and the SEUC has her own garage.   ;)

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 25 queries.