Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New lowers arrived...uh, there's just one thing...  (Read 5309 times)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: New lowers arrived...uh, there's just one thing...
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 09:56:25 PM »

hey 2lane, thanks, yeah, I tried that...he said missin' a dash plus more numbers..."no dash-no dice" he says...even if I got the 'correct number' it would take weeks cause my dealer keeps practically nothin' in stock...I'll wait for the FedEx guy

He didn't try hard enough.  It's a good number.  Just ran it at Chicago Harley's website. 

If you've got an ACE Hardware close by hit their hardware section.  The insert part is #6x32.  They have wellnuts of various depths for several different sizes.  I get all my spares for the windshield wellnuts that I drop from there. 

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 01:04:44 PM »

ok, I insisted and he found the jacknuts in a drawer not 6 feet from us :'(...also, just did my 1000 mile service and returned to the shop to see that my new fairing had come in so they installed it...can't recall if I had mentioned here of the 'paint run' or 'blem' between the headlights and winscreen...as well as the excessive orange peel...anyway, new one looks very good...not excellent, but very good...nothin' compares to the paint on my '03 FXSTDSE...installed my lowers too, gettin' chilly in D.C., that Titanium Dust is just so very pretty, love the look...will post a pic tomorrow
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:11:58 PM by Carlos Silva »
2000 FLTRSEI  3-ToneRed - sold
2003 FXSTDSE  Centennial Gold
2009 FLTRSE3  Silver/Titanium
2007 400-HP TRAILBLAZER SS TOW VEHICLE

...when it comes to buying toys, I can justify anything

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 01:17:03 PM »

ok, I insisted and he found the jacknuts in a drawer not 6 feet from us :'(...also, just did my 1000 mile service and returned to the shop to see that my new fairing had come in so they installed it...can't recall if I had mentioned here of the 'paint run' or 'blem' between the headlights and winscreen...as well as the excessive orange peel...anyway, new one looks very good...not excellent, but very good...nothin' compares to the paint on my '03 FXSTDSE...installed my lowers too, gettin' chilly in D.C., that Titanium Dust is just so very pretty, love the look...will post a pic tomorrow
Where is the paint issue exactly???

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 01:39:26 PM »

Where is the paint issue exactly???

hey BB...well, the 'issue' was on the front of the fairing near the tip of the 'sharks' nose, right of center when facing the bike...there was no consensus as to what it was, I think it was a clearcoat run, others thought it was the actual fiberglass, some saw it immediately- others didn't...I DID!!...and the dealer had no issue with ordering another as a warranty issue...I tried to get them to leave the original with me, but they wouldn't have any of that ;D

bbrown

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG BLK/BLU
    • CVO2: 11 SESG. ORANGE/ BLK
    • CVO3: 19 SERG LIGHTNING/ SLVR
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 01:50:12 PM »

hey BB...well, the 'issue' was on the front of the fairing near the tip of the 'sharks' nose, right of center when facing the bike...there was no consensus as to what it was, I think it was a clearcoat run, others thought it was the actual fiberglass, some saw it immediately- others didn't...I DID!!...and the dealer had no issue with ordering another as a warranty issue...I tried to get them to leave the original with me, but they wouldn't have any of that ;D

Thanks for the update.  Good luck

Carlos Silva

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »

lookie what the UPS man brought...now I have spares ::)

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.