Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: risers for a springer  (Read 3349 times)

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
risers for a springer
« on: August 22, 2008, 07:24:21 PM »

:orange: does anyone know of a company that makes risers for the 08 cvo springer and how tall you can go without having to change wires,hoses or cables? also whats involved to put cruise control on this bike? :drink: :nervous: :2vrolijk_21:
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
Re: risers for a springer
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:32:45 AM »

:orange: does anyone know of a company that makes risers for the 08 cvo springer and how tall you can go without having to change wires,hoses or cables? also whats involved to put cruise control on this bike? :drink: :nervous: :2vrolijk_21:

look under ur throttle grip, there is a screw with a large cross shaped head which can be tightened/loosened by ur thumb, this can stiffen/loosen the throttle so it stays in the position when u take ur hand off.

h82lose

• Junior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 09:44:03 AM »

the thumb screw sets the engine speed not mph as with a cruise control. this has been on harleys for decades. thanks but not what i'm trying to accomplish
'08 orange springer, '05 teal seeg-10/23/04,  '79 flh classic,  '05 jag S type R- british racing GREEN

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 09:38:54 AM »

there are no risers available for springers with 1 1/4" handlebars...........I have searched..... :'(

all I was looking for was a little more pullback... :2vrolijk_21:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

keimee

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 06:55:46 PM »

Dennis Kirk and J&P cycles sell an adapter that runs you around 200 bucks and you can use regular riser/pullback risers with the 3 1/2 inch center instead of the wider springer center/mount.  You can also buy the drag/pullback bar in the J&P cycles catalog.  It bolts up to your springer.  The risers are made onto the bars and they are set at the springer spacing.  Check it out.  That may be what you are looking for.  Good luck.
Keith

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 10:38:09 PM »

Dennis Kirk and J&P cycles sell an adapter that runs you around 200 bucks and you can use regular riser/pullback risers with the 3 1/2 inch center instead of the wider springer center/mount.  You can also buy the drag/pullback bar in the J&P cycles catalog.  It bolts up to your springer.  The risers are made onto the bars and they are set at the springer spacing.  Check it out.  That may be what you are looking for.  Good luck.

tried them....
those adapter bolts don't fit the '07 springer...

I was going to use the risers from an SE Deuce (the are for 1 1/4" bars).

GaLonghair

• Full CVO Member
    • GA

• CVO1: 2018 CVO Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2019 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:31:26 PM »

Try Wild One Chubby handlebars (tejasthumpcycles.com) that are made just for Springers. Their drag bars with pullback risers fit my 07 SE Springer and worked with the original cables, etc.
Lead, follow or get out of the way. But, do something!

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 12:53:59 AM »

Try Wild One Chubby handlebars (tejasthumpcycles.com) that are made just for Springers. Their drag bars with pullback risers fit my 07 SE Springer and worked with the original cables, etc.

cool!

you have a pic??

drogers

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 10:43:53 AM »

I went with WildOne 510 bars,but kept the stock risers.They are wider and more pulled back. I used the stock lines/hoses but really should extend them two inches.The Guy at Wild One said he didn't recommend the risers if your tall.Glad I didn't,I don't have to reach at all.Even though it's a cruiser,I like to hit the twisties in the mountains and these bars give me a vey good feel.

keimee

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 04:40:59 PM »

Thats what I was talking about drogers.  I had seen those risers and the bars from wild1 with the risers attached to the bars.  Good to hear they work well as I was thinking of getting some myself.
Keith

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.