Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Britain Adopts Islamic Law  (Read 1246 times)

Sean M Cary

Britain Adopts Islamic Law
« on: September 15, 2008, 03:39:49 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422661,00.html

Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.

Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

Politicians and church leaders expressed concerns that this could mark the beginnings of a “parallel legal system” based on sharia for some British Muslims.

Dominic Grieve, the shadow home secretary, said: “If it is true that these tribunals are passing binding decisions in the areas of family and criminal law, I would like to know which courts are enforcing them because I would consider such action unlawful. British law is absolute and must remain so.”

elvislee

Re: Britain Adopts Islamic Law
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 05:16:10 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,422661,00.html

Islamic law has been officially adopted in Britain, with sharia courts given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases.

The government has quietly sanctioned the powers for sharia judges to rule on cases ranging from divorce and financial disputes to those involving domestic violence.

Rulings issued by a network of five sharia courts are enforceable with the full power of the judicial system, through county courts or the country's High Court, a part of its Supreme Court system.

Previously, the rulings of sharia courts in Britain could not be enforced, and depended on voluntary compliance among Muslims.

Politicians and church leaders expressed concerns that this could mark the beginnings of a “parallel legal system” based on sharia for some British Muslims.

Dominic Grieve, the shadow home secretary, said: “If it is true that these tribunals are passing binding decisions in the areas of family and criminal law, I would like to know which courts are enforcing them because I would consider such action unlawful. British law is absolute and must remain so.”

What next....A poor black/white man whose father was muslim and mother Christian; was educated at Oxford and becomes King  :confused5:  ;D

Sean M Cary

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:13:37 PM »

What next....A poor black/white man whose father was muslim and mother Christian; was educated at Oxford and becomes King  :confused5:  ;D

crap scares the beans out of me...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irredentism

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 06:30:54 PM »

That good ol fashioned religion!  Thats what they get. 
I think church leaders should be seen(helping the disenfranchised) not heard and certainly not establishing legal standing in government.  Those silly gits will get what they allow.  jmho, of course.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 06:37:31 PM »

That good ol fashioned religion!  Thats what they get. 
I think church leaders should be seen(helping the disenfranchised) not heard and certainly not establishing legal standing in government.  Those silly gits will get what they allow.  jmho, of course.

sharia law IS the basis for their government in most Islamic nations...no separation

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 10:19:34 PM »

The root cause for the failure of said "governments". 
Barbarians all...To think it was the cradle of civilization at one time...
The way I see it, monotheism has had a negative impact on the planet since its inception and it has generally gotten worse the last 1000 or so years.

Just one hedonist's view...Anyway...

Whaddya think the "coalition" pulls back a safe distance and start dropping MOABS, 1 a day for a few years steady up in them hills..?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:06:41 AM »

All those nooocleeur weapons stockpiled & they haven't been used in years & years............

The UK is bowing to popular demand from a religious contingent.  From a historical perspective, the down side to this is not at all positive for their nation.  Creates religious despots with real power instead of the usual kind, with somewhat limited power but no great legal enforcement standing.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 09:09:40 AM »

It had got to be cheaper to use those old crusty nukes than disposing of them..Cain't really bomb em back to the stone age as they already are there...

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 09:35:07 AM »

Will be very interesting to see what British government would do when they hand out a death penalty for adultery based on their laws.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »

If they applied that adultery law to the royals, there won't be any heirs in less than 1 generation......

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 12:55:00 PM »

Family plooking has been practiced there for generations...how else does one explain Charlies ears...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 01:10:35 PM »

The AKC has stricter breeding standards..... I'm just saying......

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.