Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Broken Wing  (Read 3066 times)

tightredcorset

Broken Wing
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:52:10 PM »

June 23 a dodge Ram pickup turned left in front of me at Appling and Reese rd. I Tboned him on my '06 Low Rider. It was 5:30 in the afternoon. I don't remember anything about the wreck.

I travel through that intersection all the time. That day I remember looking at the light and thinking I never get a green light at this intersection going east. When I try to remember anything past the green light I see black coming in from the sides like on the cartoons. And about the time I would see the truck it goes to solid black.

I came around 4 hours later and saw the outline of my cousin Dennis standing beside my bed. I thought what the heck is he doing in my bedroom. 3 or 4 hours later I came around again and Carol and Her Mother was standing beside my bed. I was in the ER at the Med.

According to them I was talking to the EMT's on the ambulance, and to the ER personal, but according to them I was talking crazy. I kept asking. What happen? Where am I? How is She? She was my Low Rider.

The whole right side of my body was bruised and cut up. The only thing I broke was my skull in my sinus area. My 3/4 helmet saved my life. I stretched the cartilage in my chest area. Folded my right hand all the way back to my arm. Gouge marks in my rt leg at several places, my right arm, and face. My rt ankle, knee, elbow, and wrist stayed swollen for three weeks before even thinking of going down. the wrist and knee are still swollen some.

I almost couldn't move for a week. I had to sleep in the spare bedroom because I couldn't get out of the water bed. I lived on percocet and codine #3.

Carol kept asking me what kind of truck I was going to get with my settlement. I told her a Harley Softail. I bought a full coverage helmet this time. A clam shell.

Totaled my Low Rider. I still can't remember the wreck. The hole in my calf has just healed closed. I feel lucky. Just one more thing to watch out for.

I bought a '07 Heritage Classic.

Lee
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 11:54:16 PM by tightredcorset »

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Broken Wing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 03:19:44 AM »

I am Glad you are alive and healing. It is a shame about "HER" but the bike can and was replaced. Now with all of that settlement money I thought you would of bought a stable full of CVO's!!!!!LOL

Good luck healing and keep us posted!

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 08:44:39 AM »

June 23 a dodge Ram pickup turned left in front of me at Appling and Reese rd. I Tboned him on my '06 Low Rider. It was 5:30 in the afternoon. I don't remember anything about the wreck.

I travel through that intersection all the time. That day I remember looking at the light and thinking I never get a green light at this intersection going east. When I try to remember anything past the green light I see black coming in from the sides like on the cartoons. And about the time I would see the truck it goes to solid black.

I came around 4 hours later and saw the outline of my cousin Dennis standing beside my bed. I thought what the heck is he doing in my bedroom. 3 or 4 hours later I came around again and Carol and Her Mother was standing beside my bed. I was in the ER at the Med.

According to them I was talking to the EMT's on the ambulance, and to the ER personal, but according to them I was talking crazy. I kept asking. What happen? Where am I? How is She? She was my Low Rider.

The whole right side of my body was bruised and cut up. The only thing I broke was my skull in my sinus area. My 3/4 helmet saved my life. I stretched the cartilage in my chest area. Folded my right hand all the way back to my arm. Gouge marks in my rt leg at several places, my right arm, and face. My rt ankle, knee, elbow, and wrist stayed swollen for three weeks before even thinking of going down. the wrist and knee are still swollen some.

I almost couldn't move for a week. I had to sleep in the spare bedroom because I couldn't get out of the water bed. I lived on percocet and codine #3.

Carol kept asking me what kind of truck I was going to get with my settlement. I told her a Harley Softail. I bought a full coverage helmet this time. A clam shell.

Totaled my Low Rider. I still can't remember the wreck. The hole in my calf has just healed closed. I feel lucky. Just one more thing to watch out for.

I bought a '07 Heritage Classic.

Lee

I know what you mean.  People that haven't been thru this don't believe it - but it is possible to be so sore you almost can't move.  Three years ago I hit a deer at 80mph.  I'll skip the details, but that first night I woke up and needed to use the facilities.  I was sleeping on my back, aided by vicodin.  I literally could not get up.  I was like a turtle on my back.  I couldn't roll over, couldn't sit up, couldn't pull myself up - nothing.  It is a pretty helpless feeling.

I am glad you are well on the way to recovery and am glad to see you have a new ride!  Enjoy and stay safe!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »

Glad to hear you will recover.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 03:37:07 PM »

Glad you are alive...get well mi amigo...!!

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 06:04:51 PM »

Glad you're OK.  Amazing that you can't even go through the green light safely.
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 07:41:13 PM »

Glad to hear that you're getting better. Remember the healing takes a little time. An observatory note on your tale. 5:30 in the afternoon and you are going easterly. That would put the Sun  behind you, in driver's face. Learned that one after laying my old Honda (yea I know) down unintentionally when I got cut off. Same scenario but I got "lucky". Driver was all apologetic and said that even with my headlight on, the sun just overpowered it and he never saw me. Feel better Bro.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 09:24:04 AM »

Glad to hear that you're getting better. Remember the healing takes a little time. An observatory note on your tale. 5:30 in the afternoon and you are going easterly. That would put the Sun  behind you, in driver's face. Learned that one after laying my old Honda (yea I know) down unintentionally when I got cut off. Same scenario but I got "lucky". Driver was all apologetic and said that even with my headlight on, the sun just overpowered it and he never saw me. Feel better Bro.

Not on June 23rd.  That's one of the longest days of the year and the sun is still high.

Lee, keep up the good rehab.  Keep those muscles moving.  I'm glad it wasn't worse.  How'd the wife take it when you bought a replacement bike?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 12:14:22 AM »

Get well soon dude

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2008, 08:00:46 AM »

Hope your recovery is going well and you've picked out a new ride!

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 09:24:03 PM »

Glad to hear that you're mending well.  Bikes can be replaced, you can't.  Glad to hear you're back in the saddle....

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

planenut

• 1K CVO Member
  • life is short enjoy the ride
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2022 Road glide Limited Wicked orange Pearl and Blackhole
    • CVO2: 18 115 cvo limited anniversary #1068(sold)
    • CVO3: 15 cvo Limited Maroon and silver (sold)
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2008, 10:31:12 PM »

glad to here your better,get bettter soon :2vrolijk_21:

enjoy the new ride

ride safe    :2vrolijk_21:
Fullsac headpipe TAb Performance 4.5 slash 2.5 baffles
SERT program   horsepower hd cam
freedom shields 13 in
Custom Dynamics full lighting Ft and rear
Soundz 6 speaker set up 1k amp
Legends Axeo ft and Revo A in rear

AZSSE

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 10:39:52 AM »

glad you made it through everything - good luck!!

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 26 queries.