Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: From excited to totalled bummed out in less than a week!  (Read 3369 times)

Jim Kerr

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: '09 SE Road Glide
Re: From excited to totalled bummed out in less than a week!
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 06:13:11 PM »

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2009-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-FLTRSE3-CVO%20-Road-Glide-93584557

Heritage Harley-Davidson Inc., Lisle, IL Toll Free: (866) 461-9692     Yellow / Granite

The folks at the Lisle location are top-notch.  I bought my SERG form them.  They are straight MSRP and fair on prep.  I did the entire deal over the phone.  Never met any of them until I took delivery.  When I picked up my bike they had a CVO Ultra they were prepping for a guy in Florida.  He bought from them sight unseen.  They were shipping it to him.  I'm sure they could do the same for you.  They also offer 20% off of list for any HD part if you buy a bike from them.  All HD parts installed within 90 days by the dealer you bought it from are covered under the bike warranty. 

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »

without a P/S written up not much you can do on the trade. cant write a P/S until they have a vin number for the bike.....

id bet he's telling the truth about a long line waiting on CVOs

That's not even worth the paper it's written on. I had a contract on my SERK3, then got a call the next week saying they can't do the deal and they want $500 more. EVEN WITH A CONTRACT!!! Can I get a lawyer and fight it? Hell yeah!!! Will I? Hell no!!! Took my 5 grand deposit back and bought it elsewhere. And the guy had the balls to get mad and blame me for backing out of a deal for only 500 bucks!!! A deal's a deal in my book. You go back on your word, your a scumbag!!! FTD!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:09 PM »

If you had a written contract for a specific bike (even without a VIN) and then the dealer wants more or sell the bike to someone else for more, take the dealer to small claims court!  In many states, the Small claims judge does not even have to follow the law and may do what he or she thinks is fair!  Might be worth a shot.  Otherwise, likely that you're "SOOL."

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

Raaze09

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 06:56:12 PM »

The folks at the Lisle location are top-notch.  I bought my SERG form them.  They are straight MSRP and fair on prep.  I did the entire deal over the phone.  Never met any of them until I took delivery.  When I picked up my bike they had a CVO Ultra they were prepping for a guy in Florida.  He bought from them sight unseen.  They were shipping it to him.  I'm sure they could do the same for you.  They also offer 20% off of list for any HD part if you buy a bike from them.  All HD parts installed within 90 days by the dealer you bought it from are covered under the bike warranty. 

Thanks, but my problem is I'd need to sell my bike outright first before I could talk to them - trading it in is a lot less hassle, and I doubt they'd do that over the phone, and I'd hate to drive out to IL just to find out that they were in the same range as Schmitty's.
I'm not going gray - I'm going chrome!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »

If you had a written contract for a specific bike (even without a VIN) and then the dealer wants more or sell the bike to someone else for more, take the dealer to small claims court!  In many states, the Small claims judge does not even have to follow the law and may do what he or she thinks is fair!  Might be worth a shot.  Otherwise, likely that you're "SOOL."

FTD!!! They ain't worth my time!!! Always someone else that wants your $$$! FTD!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2008, 09:46:34 PM »

CVO has never been order what you want. that said i have heard recntley that dealers are ordering specific colors......

as for the trade in do you have anything in writing on that or just their "good" word?

I ordered my orange/black 04  SEEG and my 07 candy cherry SEUC color specific.  I think it has to do with where your dealer ranks in the MOCO heirachy.  My preferred dealer is one of the top rated dealers (by MOCO) in the country.  They get lots of bikes - lots of CVO's - more then any other area dealer.  When I am ready for a new CVO - I walk in - tell the GM what I want - color and all - and that is what I get...  Lower ranked dealers cannot provide this service...
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »

I ordered my orange/black 04  SEEG and my 07 candy cherry SEUC color specific.  I think it has to do with where your dealer ranks in the MOCO heirachy.  My preferred dealer is one of the top rated dealers (by MOCO) in the country.  They get lots of bikes - lots of CVO's - more then any other area dealer.   When I am ready for a new CVO - I walk in - tell the GM what I want - color and all - and that is what I get...   Lower ranked dealers cannot provide this service...

YEP!

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

StrahDawg

• 2007 Screamin' Eagle Springer
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »

Raaze09 glad I could help sounds like your pretty close about $1800 away. Hopefully SE will come thru with a available bike or Schmidty's will bend a little more and work you a better deal. Good luck, look forward to hearing how it goes. BTW not sure if you noticed on your post in the new member section but I also live in Broadview Hts.

2007 Screamin' Eagle Springer
Screamin Eagle Race Tuner
Rinehart 2 into 1 exhaust
S&S Single Bore Tuned Intake
Kuryakin Lizard Lights
A Few Chrome Do-Dad's Here & There!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 25 queries.