Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Pics of my bike  (Read 3156 times)

ox666

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHRSE4
Re: Pics of my bike
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 12:02:03 AM »

Was wondering the same thing about the knee in the breather. Did you extend the floorboards??

Howie

Appreciate the comments, thank you.

In relation to the heavy breather, apart from performance issues it is far better than the stock and my knee doesn't touch it.  In fact, it gave me more leg room on the RH side because it is positioned approx 4" more forward than the stock air cleaner.  I'm very happy with the set up.

I had extenders made which move the boards out 2" and fwd 1" but I find now with the heavy breather I don't have to be out as wide.  I may go back to the Kuryakyn 4588.  Still toying with those bits but with highway pegs (I ride with my heal on the board and toes on the pegs) I'm not overly fussed either way.  Only problem with the extenders I made is that I live in a mountainous area and with 2" wider I don't think I'll have any boards left unless I learn to corner upright.  Unless you're over 6' or so, I don't think you would have to worry about extenders, certainly not to take your boards wider.

The big test will be at the end of this month.  Big trip - approx 4,000 miles round trip.  I'll be putting leather softener on both my seat and my arse.

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

• CVO1: '07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 06:45:29 AM »

Love the look of the bike - really sweet.

I am thinking about the SE breather or the S&S Single Bore. I like the SE rain cover but I am not sure about the attachment I can see in your pics. - what is the black piece behind it?
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde :coolblue:

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2008, 01:10:10 AM »

Love the look of the bike - really sweet.

I am thinking about the SE breather or the S&S Single Bore. I like the SE rain cover but I am not sure about the attachment I can see in your pics. - what is the black piece behind it?

It's a bit of black steel plate to hide wires etc.  I'm waiting for a chrome piece to come out but at present I'm stuck with that ugly black bit.

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2008, 05:41:55 AM »

It's a bit of black steel plate to hide wires etc.  I'm waiting for a chrome piece to come out but at present I'm stuck with that ugly black bit.

I know I have seen a pic somewhere on this site of a bike (pretty sure it was on a Fatboy) of that AC without that black back-plate. Just spent about 15 minutes trying to find it (damn - this site is addictive!) but had to give up. If I come across it again I will send you the details.

Magellan  :coolblue:

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2008, 06:30:46 AM »

Beautiful bike! Thanks for posting photos. The drivers backrest looks interesting. Is that stock HD?

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2008, 06:39:05 AM »

I haven't found the pic I was thinking of, but I have found another one for you. By the way from reading other sources it appears that when you order you have to specify exactly which carb, or set-up, you have on your bike because there are different brackets for each and these are sold separately. Don't know if that helps?

Anyway, apart from the stunning looks, how does it perform? Have you noticed any improvement?

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2008, 11:55:45 AM »

Beautiful bike! Thanks for posting photos. The drivers backrest looks interesting. Is that stock HD?

Stock rider's backrest.  Probably looks odd because it was pitched forward a bit when I was mucking around with it.  I did change the bracket under the seat to move it back 2" to give me more room.

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2008, 12:00:25 PM »

Anyway, apart from the stunning looks, how does it perform? Have you noticed any improvement?

Noticeable difference in performance and I don't plan on any other mods for a while.  I have a big trip coming up and I want to so how she goes before I consider anything else.  If all goes well it will stay as is.

Magellan

• Elite CVO Member
  • 'Ride like the wind'

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2008, 05:41:14 PM »

Noticeable difference in performance and I don't plan on any other mods for a while.  I have a big trip coming up and I want to so how she goes before I consider anything else.  If all goes well it will stay as is.

Have a great trip and let us know how it performs.

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 12:30:34 PM »

Have a great trip and let us know how it performs.

Thanks for that.  I'll certainly report back on how the bike performs and depending on what we see I may post some pics.

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2008, 07:35:37 AM »

Stock rider's backrest.  Probably looks odd because it was pitched forward a bit when I was mucking around with it.  I did change the bracket under the seat to move it back 2" to give me more room.

The backrest looks higher than what mine is, and i need to raise mine up some more and its as high as it will go now.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

ox666

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2008, 09:53:33 AM »

The backrest looks higher than what mine is, and i need to raise mine up some more and its as high as it will go now.

The way the bracket is located under the seat, it follows the curve of the fender and is pitched forward.  To give me more room, I cut the rear of the bracket where the upright meets the base plate, bent the bracket back, so that it was more upright and then welded.  The support bracket that is from the battery housing I welded rather than extending or doing any thing else.

The end result is that the bracket puts the backrest further back and more upright, which makes it a little higher. T

The backrest pad is pitched forward in the pic because I was playing around with the angles.  The original screw was not long enough to alter the pitch so I replaced it and now I can adjust the pitch.  I was playing around with an allen key when I was taking photos.

I hope this makes sense and helps.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:59:28 AM by ox666 »
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 25 queries.