Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Should I be concerned about the 09 SE 110  (Read 5889 times)

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SE Fat Bob Black Diamond/Fire Quartz
Re: Should I be concerned about the 09 SE 110
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2008, 11:41:50 PM »

Riding my CVO Fat Bob tonight. Got home and noticed oil on the seat.  There's an oil smattering from the just behind the front head all the way back on the right.  The side cover and the shock have quite a bit of oil on them.  The bike is getting its first 1,000 mile service Tuesday.  Is there any chance this is typical during break in or is the the start of the bigger problem with the SE 110?

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2008, 11:52:31 PM »

Riding my CVO Fat Bob tonight. Got home and noticed oil on the seat.  There's an oil smattering from the just behind the front head all the way back on the right.  The side cover and the shock have quite a bit of oil on them.  The bike is getting its first 1,000 mile service Tuesday.  Is there any chance this is typical during break in or is the the start of the bigger problem with the SE 110?

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:  Typical: No.  Has it happen before:  Yes

Sorry dude.... you've got a problem.  Good news is that your not the first one to go through this - it's fixable.

Oh, almost forgot...... Please tell me that your bike is not a 2009!

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2008, 11:53:39 PM »

2009 CVO Fat Bob

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2008, 11:57:28 PM »

2009 CVO Fat Bob

Sorry man.  Get in to the dealer. 

For the other 09 owners:  Let's hope this is a fluke isolated incident.

BT

• Elite CVO Member
    • BC

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2008, 12:22:06 PM »

Can you post a pic.

:worthless:
West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (05)  Cripple Creek, CO (06) Nelson, BC (07) Sedona, AR (08) Hood River, OR (09) Pala, CA (10) Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Spokane, WA (12) Santa Fe, NM (13) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray, CO (15) Fortuna, CA (16) Victoria BC (23)

MITM
Eureka Springs (17)

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2008, 01:27:50 PM »

sorry no pic... I cleaned it up immeadiatly... It is clear however that the oil source is the at the breather.  Remember this bike has the SE Heavy Breather, when I ran my finger up behind the breather where it attaches to the intake it was clear that the oil was there.  You could also see directly below the breather where oil had dripped on the block.  There were no signs of oil forward of the breather and there was no oil on the heads other than some smattering on the right fins of the rear head.

I've recieved much advice to make sure oil is not overfilled.  In fact the advice has been to run it about half between add and full.  The bike is as is from the dealer.  When cold the oil level is half way....When hot it is on Full. 

I've broke her in by the book.  I have no idea why it would start blow by now just before first service.  It is scheduled for first service Tuesday.

Coro

• ¡¡Viva la moto!!

• CVO1: FLHRSE03
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

Wellcome from Madrid
Sorry for my English!!!

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2008, 03:44:46 PM »

I removed the air cleaner and wiped it out.  There was no pool of oil just a slight film.  The oil level is at about 2/3 full hot.  Rode about 10 miles and checked for oil on the air cleaner, it was clean. 

The only thing I haven't mentioned before is that yesterday (when the problem showed up) the engine started rough twice.  Hadn't seen this before and didn't think much of it.  When cranking it kicked back...sounded terrible but started normally on the next crank each time.  I'm new to the 110, well HD engines period.  I'm wondering could there be oil in the breather because of the kick backs or is the kick back associated with oil in the breather?

Sure do apprieciate all of the help & advice.  Don't know what everyone did before this site!  I've learned alot here in the last few weeks.

Bankrupt

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 00' FXDWG (Yellow) "1550"
    • CVO2: 08' FXDSE2 (Blue) "1802"
    • CVO3: 12' FLTRXSE (Blue) "1802"
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2008, 09:52:10 PM »

Just a thought, but could it be the screamin' eagle heavy breather? My SE Dyna has the other style and I haven't seen any oil ...............Yet. ???:confused5:

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2008, 11:27:09 PM »

Just a thought, but could it be the screamin' eagle heavy breather? My SE Dyna has the other style and I haven't seen any oil ...............Yet. ???:confused5:

Appears the problem was the heavy breather.  Recharged it and not a drop of oil yet.  No way am I claiming to be a mechanic but if oil is resting inside the breather tube isn't that clearly a problem with air intake.  If the breather element is working correctly won't the engine suck the oil out of it?

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2008, 10:33:29 PM »

How are things working now

ryr8828dj

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2008, 01:52:22 AM »

How are things working now

Gotta keep an eye on it!  After running it hard she'll blow by a bit.  It is not a lot of oil of course but a little goes a long way.  It's manageable, I'm not too concerned about it but it is shame.  Trying to keep the heavy breater clean.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.