Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: SERG King Tour Pak  (Read 4302 times)

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
Re: SERG King Tour Pak
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »

Nice. :2vrolijk_21:

You mention that the rear light covers were painted to match the tail lights.  Were they painted with an opaqe paint or what?   :nixweiss:
JC,
Not sure I would call this opaque, as the lights do shine through when brake or signal lights applied. (making the assumption that opaque is defined as "not allowing light to pass through"). It's really more of a tint on the plastic lenses that match the tint on the tail light. If you (or anyone) is interested in the exact process, I could certainly make a call to the painter.  The whole paint job was done by a fellow named Gordon who was actually the real paint talent behind Danny Martinez after he took over the business from his father, Al Martinez.  Gordon is now doing freelance work in So Cal.

Merry Christmas to all!

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 01:08:07 PM »

Thanks Alan.  I was just curious if it was translucent or opaque.  Sounds like it's translucent, much like the tailights?  Is the tint on the outside or the inside?  If it's on the outside, sure, I'd appreciate a bit more info. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 02:05:01 PM »

JC, paint is on the outside and I will get some additional technical info to you asap.  Also, will try to get a better picture to demonstrate the brake light.

Regards,

Alan
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.123 seconds with 25 queries.