Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: New from Indiana and question about standard equipment on 08  (Read 2769 times)

skeezics2

Re: New from Indiana and question about standard equipment on 08
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 09:15:24 AM »

Welcome aboard from rainey wet indiana. Skeezics2

drodg

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 10:08:57 AM »

So I have a few questions after riding the CVO Ultra  yesterday I am close to pulling the trigger on buying.  I had an Ultra before but never rode with a short windscreen.  I actually liked it being able to look over the windscreen.  The thing I didn't like is the buffeting above 60 like wow my teeth were chattering.  First question is the short windscreen 9"? I am 5'10" and wondering if anyone has tried a 9" or 10" recurve from clearview and does that help?  I had buffeting with 12" on my old ultra but would like to look over the screen.  Thanks.

drodg

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 12:00:14 PM »

I put a new post in this area to ask these questions thanks

Classic45

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »

Welcome from - Moss - Norway! :coolblue:
2000 FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic
2005 FLHRC Road King Classic
2008 FLHTCUSE3
2010 FLHXE
2013 FLTRXSE2

Iron Butt Association Membership Number: 38579

drodg

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »

Thanks for a first from Norway. 

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »

drodg welcome aboard  :2vrolijk_21:

drodg

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 04:43:35 PM »

I am actually suprised at the European riders on this forum.  I had BMW's for years so I am used to the interaction with BMW riders on those forums.  I am suprised and happy to see the amount of European riders on CVO's. Thanks

chanman

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: O6 SE Ultra Classic (Sold)
    • CVO2: 09 SE Ultra Classic
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2008, 01:43:18 AM »

I grew up in Evansville and left there in 79 for The great state of Texas. have spent the last 10 years in SOCal, I love it here 12 months of riding. you will appreciate these guys they are a wealth of information and can help you answer lots of questions hope you keep comin back
Chanman

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 08:18:56 AM »

drodg, welcome, I have only been here a few months, bought my Canyon Copper and Black Onyx 08 FLHTCUSE3 in Jul.  I too had a Ultra before this bike and noticed the increased turbulence from the short (9") windshield, but like seeing over the top better.  I am just shy of 6' and have gotten used to it.  I have a buddy that loves the clearview, but have talked to others that say the windshield vibrates a lot.  As for the standard options my goggle search found the same link as on the first page of this thread.  Suffice to say, EVERYTHING is standard.  That's what I like about this bike.  The only thing I have changed is I have added a tour pak extender from George Anderson and replaced the stock faring vents.
Enjoy the ride,
May the Force be with you,
Yoda

drodg

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 10:22:37 AM »

drodg, welcome, I have only been here a few months, bought my Canyon Copper and Black Onyx 08 FLHTCUSE3 in Jul.  I too had a Ultra before this bike and noticed the increased turbulence from the short (9") windshield, but like seeing over the top better.  I am just shy of 6' and have gotten used to it.  I have a buddy that loves the clearview, but have talked to others that say the windshield vibrates a lot.  As for the standard options my goggle search found the same link as on the first page of this thread.  Suffice to say, EVERYTHING is standard.  That's what I like about this bike.  The only thing I have changed is I have added a tour pak extender from George Anderson and replaced the stock faring vents.
Enjoy the ride,
May the Force be with you,
Yoda

was there any functional reasons that you replaced the fairing vents? Thanks again.

Yoda

• Full CVO Member
  • Do or do not there is no try

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE3 Canyon Copper & Black Onyx, Heavy Breather, SE Slip Ons, HDRT, 10.5/1 pistons, 263E Cams
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 10:12:25 PM »

No, not really, but I had the Adjustable Fairing Deflectors Part Number 57804-07 on my previous Ultra and like the look and that the lock into each position.  So it wasn't functional but for looks.

drodg

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2008, 09:54:30 AM »

Thanks!

comfortablynumb

• Senior CVO Member
  • u can chek out any time u like,but ucan nver leave

• CVO1: 2008 SEUC3 SuperTrapp SE slip ons SE Stage 1 A/C SE Super Tuner Kury LED Brake & Turn Kury Zombie Shift Linkage & Cover Clearview 9.5 recurve Tru Track
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2008, 01:12:09 PM »

So I have a few questions after riding the CVO Ultra  yesterday I am close to pulling the trigger on buying.  I had an Ultra before but never rode with a short windscreen.  I actually liked it being able to look over the windscreen.  The thing I didn't like is the buffeting above 60 like wow my teeth were chattering.  First question is the short windscreen 9"? I am 5'10" and wondering if anyone has tried a 9" or 10" recurve from clearview and does that help?  I had buffeting with 12" on my old ultra but would like to look over the screen.  Thanks.
I have the same bike and am 5'10" also. I put a 9.5" Clearview recurve on mine and the buffeting has been eliminated and I have a good 3" view over the top edge. Great people to deal with also. Welcome and good luck.

screwup

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC 3
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2008, 09:23:21 AM »

Welcome regard your windshield I put a 14" clear recurve from clearview on my o8 SEUC Whitde/silver no problems yet.  However I like to look through the windshield rather than over it.  to dammed many bugs.  I am 5'8". 
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 25 queries.