Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Big Chief Tablets  (Read 10282 times)

REGGAB

Re: Big Chief Tablets
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2008, 10:07:52 PM »

Our first TV had a round screen and we only had one station on air from 6AM till 10 PM.
Remember Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, Loretta Young, Captain Kangaroo, Howdy Doody & Buffalo Bob Smith, Roy Rodgers, Gabby Hayes, Jack Benny?
Mike
 :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

Oh man.......Gunsmoke, Adam 12, Emergency, Bonanza, THE REAL SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, THE REAL TONIGHT SHOW WITH JOHNNY CARSON, CHiPs, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Get Smart, of course, the only James Bond movies worth watching were the first seven.....save for one.......starring Sean Connery from 1962 to 1971.  

Good Ol' Days

REGGAB

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2008, 10:10:23 PM »

OMG...this thread really took me back, WAY back! I may predate Big Chiefs!  I grew up in Colorado, and remember sticking our tongues to the flag pole in winter, and having it stick there for an embarassing amount of time. ANd I remember the first TV on the block. Hated the kids, but would do ANYthing to get to go there to watch the Lone Ranger in B&W.  That took some major "suck-up" .  And then when we finally got a TV, it had a postage sized screen, rabbit ears, and my parents never watched anything except the news.

Remember Dinah Shore, many years later, singing "Seeee the UUUSA, in your Chevvrolet"?  Our childhoods were really during the best times in America. The fifties, with nothing more to worry about than what the back seat of a '57 Chevy looked like on a double date!

Remember in grade school, doing nuclear bomb drills at school?  Like not looking out the window and getting under your desk was really going to save your sweet ash?

My gosh, what memories your Big Chief tablet  has dredged up from the bomb shelter!

WOW!  Too bad we gotta get old, but like others have mentioned, we had an awesome childhood............and thank God for those wonderful memories.

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2008, 10:35:17 PM »

I'm still in my childhood! ;D I'll never grow up, only old. :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

REGGAB

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2008, 10:40:49 PM »

I'm still in my childhood! ;D I'll never grow up, only old. :2vrolijk_21:
Mike

As Evil Howie says, "Peter Pan is an old prick!  Me.........I'll NEVER grow up!"  KEWL!  The secret is knowing when to be be a kid...............................hopefully we can all figure that out.  I'm workin' on it.   :2vrolijk_21:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2008, 10:44:13 PM »

WOW!  Too bad we gotta get old, but like others have mentioned, we had an awesome childhood............and thank God for those wonderful memories.

Yep, grew up during a great time... No Worries.  One of my few concerns was having a enough change to buy the lastest hit on a 45 rpm record at TG&Y.

Kids today have too many worries... too much crap going on in this world.  Kids see their parents worrying... they pick up on all the stuff going on...... really sucks  :(

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2008, 07:40:43 AM »

:P
Mike
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Wildrat

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2008, 10:02:56 AM »

HML,
I don't remember any of the stuff you mentioned especially the part about being in Alabama schools and the enjoyment the teachers took in whacking my butt with a 2X4, oops, I mean paddle or Mr. Leigh in Welding and advanced woodwork that was a giant football player for the Green Bay Packers that did not use a paddle. He used these fingers the size of bananas and would hold your head with one and thump your head with the other spelling out the behaviour he was modifying. For instance I (thump) will (thump) not (thump) shoot ( thump) spit (thump) balls (thump) in (thump) class (thump), anyway y'all get the idea. He was a excellent teacher though and I liked him. I still don't remember anything past yesterday.
 :beatdeadhorse:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 21 queries.