Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Stuff for the Other Harley  (Read 1292 times)

REGGAB

New Stuff for the Other Harley
« on: November 21, 2008, 10:30:05 PM »

Last weekend, when Renea and I were in Hanceville checking on the green bike, I picked up the chrome oil vent line, since it won't be used once the engine build is complete.  I installed it on the FLHR earlier this week.  Also climbed up in the attic and got Thump's old stock exhaust heat shields and installed them on the FLHR.  Yesterday two sets of Harley Goodies' Floorboard Extenders (1 chrome, 1 black) arrived, and I installed the black set on the FLHR.  Pictures are in another thread.  A week or so ago I ordered a plain round chrome points cover to match the FLHR's derby cover.  I installed it tonight.  Heck, I forgot when I took off the football and installed the round air cleaner cover.

REGGAB

Re: New Stuff for the Other Harley
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 10:33:28 PM »

Crap........I forgot.........I also installed those rocker box bolt head covers, and picked up a set of head bolt covers to match.  Here's another shot of the new points cover, heat shield, oil vent tube, and a look at how the extenders fit.

Not a bad score for someone who is on parts purchase restriction.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 11:30:55 PM »

Crap........I forgot.........I also installed those rocker box bolt head covers, and picked up a set of head bolt covers to match.  Here's another shot of the new points cover, heat shield, oil vent tube, and a look at how the extenders fit.

Not a bad score for someone who is on parts purchase restriction.   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It's coming together nicely Henry.   :2vrolijk_21:

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 11:37:32 PM »

It's coming together nicely Henry.   :2vrolijk_21:

Thank you, Charlie.  It's in great shape for a 7 year old (AUG 2001 build) with 12.7K miles.  Like most carb bikes, it hates these cold mornings, and will even cough a little until it gets warm.  Great canvas tho'.  Gonna be conservative.  Too much fun to ride.   :2vrolijk_21:

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 12:13:19 AM »

Thank you, Charlie.  It's in great shape for a 7 year old (AUG 2001 build) with 12.7K miles.  Like most carb bikes, it hates these cold mornings, and will even cough a little until it gets warm.  Great canvas tho'.  Gonna be conservative.  Too much fun to ride.   :2vrolijk_21:

That's the route I'm taking with the Street Glide.  I'm being fairly conservative on that one, with most of the bling money going into the Jester. :) 

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

REGGAB

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 07:24:02 AM »

That's the route I'm taking with the Street Glide.  I'm being fairly conservative on that one, with most of the bling money going into the Jester. :) 

I say all this "conservative" stuff about the FLHR now, but who knows what the future may hold.  The cam chest is gonna have to be checked in a few thousand miles.......so may as well upgrade to a 510 with gears, new plate, pump, bearings...........D&D Fatcat, carb rejet, and be done with engine mods.........for then.  Bike already has 337 primary gearing.  Baker OD6?  Perhaps.  Not sure on the bling, but I would like to cover up those passenger floorboards, add some "Stealth" pads to all four floor boards, shifter pegs, and brake pedal pad to match the grips, add a front fender skirt that isn't made out of an old coke can..............and of course, Bitubos and AK-20s.  I need to stop thinking about this right now.   :huepfenlol2:

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2008, 08:17:43 AM »

Looking good Henry.
Just remember, it never ends!

:2vrolijk_21:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

REGGAB

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2008, 08:33:29 AM »

Looking good Henry.
Just remember, it never ends!

:2vrolijk_21:

Thanks, Chip!
Yeah......I know........not sure I could survive if it did.
Chit........I'd just go buy another blank canvas and start over.  You'd do the same.   :huepfenlol2:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2008, 08:49:21 AM »

I'm behind times as usual Henry.   Didn't know about the Road King addition.  I know you will have it lookin good.

REGGAB

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2008, 08:54:49 AM »

I'm behind times as usual Henry.   Didn't know about the Road King addition.  I know you will have it lookin good.

I understand, Bob.  There's alot here, and not enough hours in the day to keep up with it all..........except for d00d.......and he's an automaton........never sleeps.......always online.   :huepfenlol2:
If you're interested in some pictures I took about a week after I brought her home, someone started a "Closet Children" thread, and I posted a whole gang of pictures in that thread.
Somethin' to do to occupy my mind.  Stress Relief!  Really like that purple bike.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 12:36:39 PM »

Really like that purple bike.
me too!  :) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 02:47:21 PM »

Very nice mi amigo Henry  :2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 25 queries.