Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lower fairing Louver doors  (Read 1563 times)

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
Lower fairing Louver doors
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:01:44 PM »

Has anyone installed the lower fairing doors? I have a 04 pumpkin and want to put them on. I'm not looking forward to cutting. Any one done it already? Any pictures or tips??
Thanks, I love this group, I love my new Pumpkin. [smiley=nixweiss.gif] [smiley=pumpkin.gif]
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

lvrider

Re: Lower fairing Louver doors
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 02:17:14 PM »

I installed the lockable doors from eglidegoodies.com.  It was a very simple installation.  Here's a picture of what it looks like on my yellow SEEG.

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2005, 02:21:43 PM »

CVOwner, are you talking about the covers for the glove boxes like lvrider showed us, or the vents that you can install to get more air to your legs on the '04 and earlier style lowers?

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2005, 02:26:45 PM »

I meant the doors that let the air through. But I intend to put those locking doors on. They look great!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

ParrotHD

• Bikes & Buffett...Life is Good!!!
    • IL
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2005, 03:17:36 PM »

Hi CVOwner,

I just gone done installing Hoppe Industries lowers vents...very nice, well-built units.  The job was not tough...good instructions and templates.  I used an air-powered reciprocating saw which was overkill for the plastic material of the lowers.  I prob spent more time filing and cutting off melted plastic.  A coping saw would prob work well enough.

I like the vents, they make a big difference...not as good as running w/o lowers, but much better than before. [smiley=pirate.gif]
2004 SE Electra Glide, Hannigan Transformer Trike conversion, XM Radio, King TourPack, Memphis Shades Gradient Black 12" shield, Hoppe lowers vents, Freedom Pipes and PC package, Mustang Seat, Kuryakyn grips and highway pegs.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2005, 04:27:59 PM »

I meant the doors that let the air through. But I intend to put those locking doors on. They look great!

Quite a few of us with 04's have them (they're stock on 05's)........eGlide Goodies makes a lot of things that fit our bike.......oil change kits, locking leg fairing glove boxes, leg fairing vents (which is what you're talking about) and they have good customer service......(I think they're actually cheaper now than when we did the group buy but give Patrick a call........

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=mkt_group;action=display;num=1092233281
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 21 queries.