Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: electricians into lighting any one ?  (Read 598 times)

DaBigNuttedMan

• Steered & Geared by DaBigNuttedMan
  • Elite CVO Member
  • No Skool Straight F Fuc_ PowerCustom PypeDaShi_

• CVO1: 2011 RoadGlide Ultra Screamin Eagle
    • CVO2: 1969 Rupp Roadster chromed up Shriner Special
    • CVO3: Grasshopper 725 w/48" snothrower
electricians into lighting any one ?
« on: November 25, 2012, 06:17:49 PM »

I'm installing metal halide lights in the new pole barn and I'm wondering if  there might be a profesional cvo biker electrician barn light kinda member around ?
           Thanks     Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: electricians into lighting any one ?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 08:37:09 PM »

What kind of help you looking for?
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

casper

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »

How big is the barn, I would rather use some LED lights much cheaper to operate, I know more to purchase but the savings will pay for them selves

DaBigNuttedMan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 09:14:05 PM »

What kind of help you looking for?
Mike
 :drink:
  Thanks for the come back, what I did was buy used  400 watt metal Halide high bay lights with the clear prismatic difuser or bell or dome whatever ya call it. I bought 12 of these manufactured in 04 complete with bulbs really clean for like $20.00 each,  the bottom of truss height in the barn is 15 1/2 to16' I'm goin with spray on foam insulation directly applied to the inside of the roof so there is no ceiling, I read that the highbay lights with this style reflector [prismatic] should be 20' off the ground minimum, and I read that this kind of reflector is better for lighting shelving and such,  well I put a couple of these in mounted between  trusses but hanging  slightly low enough to avoid the truss  shadow casting I thought they might be blinding like too much light but the light is not as much as I antisipated  but still enough, and the lights themselves are a little like brite spots that dont shower as much out the bottom as I thought.
 these were wired 277 when I got em I changed em to 240 [they are multi tap] I havent checked the voltage on my new panel but I'd imagine it to be about 220 hope this is alright.
   Is this about what ya get with high bay prismatics mounted a little low?  I have other questions too but I type alittle slow if someone could talk on the phone about this would be great anybody pm me with a number or I'd give mine got questions about bulbs and ballasts and such  thanks Randy
Life begins just outside your comfort zone and you havent lived until you push a full dress harley on a hot day up a grade because your low mile twincam fell apart, and your convinced it's to bitchen to leave it there.           Ugh pardon me but do you have any beer?

DaBigNuttedMan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 09:24:09 PM »

How big is the barn, I would rather use some LED lights much cheaper to operate, I know more to purchase but the savings will pay for them selves
Thanks Casper we have a few barns or shops in my  last one I blew it and put 21  110 watt high output cold start 8' flouresents damm do they spin the meter, plenty of lite though, I learned shortly after that venture about the lites you speak of but trying to save some dough here and this barn  42' X 62' is more for storing trailers, though I did put a pit in it for a handy electric?hydraulic bike lift and I'll move my auto lift out of my other shop in here too thanks Randy  I know the nets about typing it out but I'd really rather talk. PM ?

DaBigNuttedMan

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »

A BIG OLE Thanks to MikeyTee  Just got off the phone and the man knows his lighting, that and then some, we have common interests :drink: and racin and I could not have got with a better response any where, MikeyTee I'll be in touch, and thanks  Casper as well   :2vrolijk_21:   :2vrolijk_21:  two thumbs up

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.