Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NY'ers Boring but important info  (Read 605 times)

inthewind729

NY'ers Boring but important info
« on: November 29, 2008, 06:37:47 AM »

No one thinks it will happen to them but sooner or later most of us will be involved in some sort of accident while riding. You probably all carry enough insurance to get your bike back up and running but what about yourself? The truth is if ya go down the $15-30K it will take to get bike up is nothing to what your hospital and recovery costs might be.

If you are a NYS licensed rider you are NOT covered under no-fault insurance. What this boils down to is you have to cover yourself.

Please check your insurance policies and see if you carry SUM ( supplemental underinsured motorist)coverage. This insurance kicks in after other runs dry to keep the wolves off your backs.In NY you can get this for up to a half million dollars and it is cheap. Comes to about two beers a month added to insurance bill.

I have no personal ties to insurance industry and nothing to gain. I have however, known of to many bikers that have lost their homes to pay for hospital costs. Please take a moment to check your policies and make sure you carry as much SUM ( supplemental underinsured motorist) as you can afford.

From reading the posts, there's a lot of you that have 2 or 3 very expensive motorcycles, which would lead me to believe you probably have very nice homes and families you want to live in them. Check your insurance and make sure your kids stay in those homes.

If you don't live in NY, talk to your insurance company or check with your state bikers rights organization to see what you need.

Ride safe to one day ride free
Corky

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: NY'ers Boring but important info
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 09:04:22 AM »

inthewind, thanks for the post and remminder. i have two friends down right now, both are Harley techs , one has good coverage and one doesn't. major difference.     axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

inthewind729

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »

Axil,
   Its terrible when someone goes down. Its horrible if they lose everything getting back up. Just trying to keep my brothers and sisters of the road informed.

Ride safe to one day ride free
Corky

AXIL

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 09:57:54 PM »

ITW, thanks again. axil
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND I GOT MOST OF IT LEFT  
AHH,MOONSHINE THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.