Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO 110 exhaust  (Read 8385 times)

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
Re: CVO 110 exhaust
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2009, 09:25:02 AM »

FWIW: I just went thru getting a set of D&D Fat Cat w/Big Boar Quiet baffles. Cheapest place I found em was at www.hdpipes.com.  Eric bet everyones price and had em to me in less than a week.

JW

Same here, this is where I ordered my D&D Fatcats and that exhaust system is fantastic.  I have had V/H true duals with Rush mufflers on a 96" street glide and liked the sound a lot.  I had Bub 7 true duals on an '06 SEUC with the 103" and they were too loud for a long ride.  I have the D&D Fatcat with quiet baffle on my '08 SERK, a Ness big sucker breather and tuned with a TTS Mastertune and there is no comparison.  I like the look of true duals, but I wouldn't go back to them after having the 2-1.

The 110 with the fatcats is a torque monster.  It has usable power from under 2000 rpm.  Both true dual bikes had nothing below 2500.  Email member Doc 1 for tuning questions.  He offers us a member discount on the TTS also. 
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2009, 09:26:04 AM »

And your left side bag can now keepa ice and a cooler in it!

robonel

• 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic Electraglide
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Ultra Classic-Red/Black
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2009, 09:35:58 AM »

i notice that you say that you are new to dressers. so dont take this wrong.
     before you go to true duals you need to know that they have poor, or very poor, performance at slow speeds - like pulling away from a stop sign, or passing a truck without shifting down.
     the best performance is from a exhaust that has the two pipes connected between the front cylinder and the back. either a two into one or something like the factory exhaust with a crossover pipe. also note that the stock exhaust provides MORE power than the stock exhaust on all other factory bikes. the touring exhaust has more VOLUME and that translates into more torque. many folks change exhaust based on "looks" and then spend lots of bux trying to get it to run as well as it did to start with - its a better plan to get exhaust that works properly and try and get it to look good. there is no point to a really pretty bike that cant get out of its own way because the mechanicals are not proper.
      sert is the best way to tune the bike to various exhaust systems. if you really want dual mufflers AND performance there are systems like d&d that are really a two into one with a fake left pipe so it looks proper but has MUCH more power output.
      also note that cranking 110's up to high rpm is probably a really bad idea - there can be issues.
later

remember - there is a BIG difference between what "looks cool" and what "goes fast" and what "drives good on city streets". for the most part those are three completely different & mutually exclusive things.

to

From what you said above, I would be best overall to put stock header pipes (with the crossover) back on the bike and then some type of slip on mufflers connected to them?  I am thinking back to the stock header pipes with some V and H oval slip ons or something like that.  Will this give me the best low and high end performance overall?  Thanks for your help.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2009, 10:16:13 AM »

Same here, this is where I ordered my D&D Fatcats and that exhaust system is fantastic.  I have had V/H true duals with Rush mufflers on a 96" street glide and liked the sound a lot.  I had Bub 7 true duals on an '06 SEUC with the 103" and they were too loud for a long ride.  I have the D&D Fatcat with quiet baffle on my '08 SERK, a Ness big sucker breather and tuned with a TTS Mastertune and there is no comparison.  I like the look of true duals, but I wouldn't go back to them after having the 2-1.

The 110 with the fatcats is a torque monster.  It has usable power from under 2000 rpm.  Both true dual bikes had nothing below 2500.  Email member Doc 1 for tuning questions.  He offers us a member discount on the TTS also. 

I think Jbb  just said it all. Any new questions about Stage I upgrades on 110's should be directed to Jbb's response right here!!! :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

twmartin1970

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »

I currently have the fullsac 2.25 baffles in mine with the the stock headpipe.  Sound is pretty good, I am pleased with the baffles.  I have ordered the Vance and Hines Power Duals to replace the headpipe and get rid of the cat.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »

With slip ons you may get improved sound..Got to add more goesinta to get more goesotta, tech talk..Mostly just add $ and enjoy

My last bike had a Rinehart 2-1 with K&N hi flow air cleaner with sert dyno tune, ran great...
My new bike will be D&D fact cat 2-1 with quiet baffle, SE air cleaner and ssert tune, no dyno right away..

lv2ride56

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »

I ran a Bub 7 true duals with a crossover for about 1000 miles and loved the performance with the T-Max autotune. My buddies and my wife, on her own bike, loved the sound. To Me it was just a little loud. I know being retired LEO makes me a little sensitive to loud but I ended up going back to the stock headers and SE touring mufflers.
Make you a great deal on the system if interested as I haven't gotten around to getting it on E-Bay yet. PM me if your interested.
Patriot Guard Rider

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 11:24:35 AM »

I ran a Bub 7 true duals with a crossover for about 1000 miles and loved the performance with the T-Max autotune. My buddies and my wife, on her own bike, loved the sound. To Me it was just a little loud. I know being retired LEO makes me a little sensitive to loud but I ended up going back to the stock headers and SE touring mufflers.
Make you a great deal on the system if interested as I haven't gotten around to getting it on E-Bay yet. PM me if your interested.

HeHe!!! lookin at your Avatar, you musta been undercover!!! :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2009, 12:58:55 PM »

HeHe!!! lookin at your Avatar, you musta been undercover!!! :nixweiss: ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)

Muhuhuhaha , this is not possible with this look .
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2009, 02:49:33 PM »

twmartin1970,

Can you provide some information regarding your impressions of the Fullsac 2.25 baffles that are being used with the stock head pike with the Cats?

How are they performing - does your bike run cooler?
Do you feel any loss/gain in power?
How much louder are they from stock (are you setting off alarms) - do you have a sound clip?

I plan to install the same 2.25 in my SERG once they arive and the weather gets better but I was thinking of either leaving the head pipes alone and keep the cats (back pressure) or acquire take off head pipes from a standard 2009 touring. Any feedback you can provide for first hand experience would be great.

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »

twmartin1970,

Can you provide some information regarding your impressions of the Fullsac 2.25 baffles that are being used with the stock head pike with the Cats?

How are they performing - does your bike run cooler?
Do you feel any loss/gain in power?
How much louder are they from stock (are you setting off alarms) - do you have a sound clip?

I plan to install the same 2.25 in my SERG once they arive and the weather gets better but I was thinking of either leaving the head pipes alone and keep the cats (back pressure) or acquire take off head pipes from a standard 2009 touring. Any feedback you can provide for first hand experience would be great.

Curious here myself, i am considering the exact same mod.......i am looking to keep it fairly quiet, while getting slightly more of that "trademark" HD sound, i had Supertrapp SE slip on's on my '03 and after about 5000 miles they were too loud for the wife and i, especially when we were towing the trailer.

-dave

JP

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEFB Sold
    • CVO2: 09 SERG o/b
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2009, 12:17:54 AM »

Curious here myself, i am considering the exact same mod.......i am looking to keep it fairly quiet, while getting slightly more of that "trademark" HD sound, i had Supertrapp SE slip on's on my '03 and after about 5000 miles they were too loud for the wife and i, especially when we were towing the trailer.

-dave

I`m going to install the 2.25 fullsac baffles when they come in this week. waiting on my 1.6 core bit so i can drill out cat. Hope i like the sound and performance,Will let you know. Everyone on here who has drilled out the cat and installed the fullsac 1.75,2.00,2.25 have liked it. If not, not much money in the baffles and core bit, then i will do something different. 09 o/b SERG
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 10:26:06 PM by JP »

Highjagger

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • tradition`s not worship ash but pass on the fire

• CVO1: FXSE Breakout Pro Street 2016 ,- and 2011 Crossbones FLSTSB ,- and 2016 LowRider s FXDLs
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2009, 01:45:01 AM »

What is the cost of a cat-less header form a 96cui ?
Success is to stand up one more than to fall down

twmartin1970

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2009, 08:20:20 AM »

I did not ride the bike before the baffles were put in.  I would suspect that the cat is more restrictive, so changeing the baffles alone wouldn't have a large impact other than sound.  Based on what the tech told me, the sound is much improved. 

That is probably not much help, but I just don't know what it was like before.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 25 queries.