Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SD Card Folders  (Read 1374 times)

LighteningII

SD Card Folders
« on: February 13, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »

I have heard that if you separate the MP3 songs on your SD card into folders the unit will initialize much faster.  I currently have 800 songs on the SD card and it seems like it takes forever to load the music and draw the maps.  A friend said that with a program called Media Monkey (free on line) it is easy to make folders.  I downloaded the program and being a novice at dealing with music files I cannot figure out how to create folders containing my music files.
Has anyone ever used this program and if so, can you offer any advice on how to create folders and load them on the SD card?
Thanks for any help...
Steve.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: SD Card Folders
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 10:32:25 PM »

Don't have Media Monkey, but you can create folders on your SD card the same you would on any other drive. I created folders and moved the MP3' while mine was hooked to my computer w/the USB cord.

Open up "My Computer or Explorer" go to drive that is your SD card, click on File > New > Folder. Name the folder what you want and move your MP3's (I would put 50 - 75 in each) to the folder.

If you have a card reader moving the files will be faster.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

05Ultra

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: SD Card Folders
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 11:40:09 PM »

Copy and paste is your friend...
 D/L all the songs to a file on your puter. Click on "view" and "list" it'll list the MP2's in columns.
Open a new folder and name it something like "col1".
Copy the 1st column and paste it to the new folder. Easy way to do it is hover your mouse over the 1st song till its highlighted. Hold down your shift key and tap your down arrow till they're all highlighted. Then copy the list, open the new folder and paste it there. Continue with the rest of the columns in new folders till you have them all copied.
 Deleat all the song on your SD card and copy the new folders to your SD card.
 Only reason I say to do it in your puter is it takes forever to do it in the SD card and you should keep a good copy of all your songs in case something happens to your SD card.
HTHs
All the bells and whistles. Including 6 speed, GPS and heated grips.
OK, I'm getting old. Get over it!

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.