Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question for SEUC experts  (Read 1850 times)

Road Hog

• Junior CVO Member
  • Living The Dream until the 2008 Stock Market Crash
Question for SEUC experts
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:46:46 PM »

Question for you CVO experts:

I have a new CVO Ultra.  350 miles so far.  I was able to set the time when I first got the bike.  Since then I added heated vest connections that required removing the battery terminals.  That restarted the clock on the radio so now the incorrect time displays.  With the radio off, I press the set button and I get a "DST OFF" verbiage and "NEWFOUNDLAND" below it.  Bottom line is that I cannot reset the clock from this screen.  Could not find this condition in the manual.

Any ideas how to reset the clock?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Road Hog
FLHTCUSE4, Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Question for SEUC experts
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 01:56:14 PM »

Set it with the ignition on. Once you press set + or- minutes should appear. Take it from there . Hope this helps. THE MUFFMAN

J-Carr

• Got to keep the Loonies on the path
  • Elite CVO Member
  • SoA#911.2

• CVO1: 2008 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:07:33 PM »

It's set automatically by the GPS satellite.  Even if your not going to use the built in GPS once it's been activated that's the only way to set the clock. It may have been activated by the dealer before you got it.  After the battery is disconnected you need to re-activate your GPS by pressing the NAV button and inserting disk 1 of the GPS CD set.  This will also give you the electronic compas in the radio display.  After you've re-activated the GPS turn off the radio, but leave the bike ignition on.

With the radio off, press the button next to set (Funtion #6).  Hit the button next to DST (Funtion #1) to set Daylight Savings Time On (It toggles).  Use the up and down arrow buttons on the right to pick your local time zone.  Hit the exit arrow button (Funtion #6) to save.

That should do it.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Me, Screamin' Nemo and The Kid.

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »

I just went out & tried mine & I reset it with the key on. I had to set it earlier today as well.After they installed the grips today, the monkees @ HD didn't bother resetting the clock after battery disconnect.  THE MUFFMAN

hacksaw

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:44:07 PM »

Roadhog, when I bought my used (4000 miles) 06 autumn haze my radio was reading Newfoundland also.  I could not set the clock no matter what I tried.  I finally took it to the dealer and they had to do a software upgrade and now the clock is able to be set.
2006 UltraClassic Screaming Eagle, SERT, Rineharts, Coastal Moto wheels, raked and stretched, chrome and more chrome

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 03:02:13 PM »

Roadhog, when I bought my used (4000 miles) 06 autumn haze my radio was reading Newfoundland also.  I could not set the clock no matter what I tried.  I finally took it to the dealer and they had to do a software upgrade and now the clock is able to be set.

Those Newfies scew everything up. THE MUFFMAN

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 03:14:04 PM »

It's set automatically by the GPS satellite.  Even if your not going to use the built in GPS once it's been activated that's the only way to set the clock. It may have been activated by the dealer before you got it.  After the battery is disconnected you need to re-activate your GPS by pressing the NAV button and inserting disk 1 of the GPS CD set.  This will also give you the electronic compas in the radio display.  After you've re-activated the GPS turn off the radio, but leave the bike ignition on.

With the radio off, press the button next to set (Funtion #6).  Hit the button next to DST (Funtion #1) to set Daylight Savings Time On (It toggles).  Use the up and down arrow buttons on the right to pick your local time zone.  Hit the exit arrow button (Funtion #6) to save.

That should do it.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr

Just spoke to the HD Dealer. J-Carr wins. Follow his directions above & you should be fine. THE MUFFMAN

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2008, 03:01:39 PM »

My clock will not set either.  When I hit the "set" button, mine says "mountain".  I tried the fix listed above, but that did not work for me.  I am in the Eastern time zone.  In trying to follow the directions above, my GPS is already set up and working properly and it will display the correct time. It's the main clock that is not correct.

Is it possible that I need to disconnect the battery to get the GPS back to square one also?  When I put in Disc 1, it only asks me if I want to download the info from that CD.  I am not back to an initial setup again.

BUT, my battery was disconnected to hook up my heated gear plug, and then the GPS was setup after that.  Shouldn't that have taken care of the clock when I set up the GPS?  Am I missing something?  I already took it to the dealer today and they couldn't figure it out.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »

Okay, I got it figured out.  If your clock is preset to the wrong time zone, you have to reload the software for the stereo.  Harley provides the files and directions at this website:  http://www.harley-davidson.com/cp/moar/en/software.asp?locale=en_US&bmLocale=en_US&WebLogicS ession=Fc9VzsdKUPuTtP5sVxj8a8QDsqCanOFzf29u2si2KjB 4JNWQDhOz!774096183!181237812!7005!8005&HDCWPSessi on=GDfjFc9GgY7VfLmp31q14gCWkz1310qpxpvskxxR3CsPJSD vjg26!373165330!-728977666

Even though I had the current version of software on my stereo, I still had to update it with the same version once again.  Apparently, when it is set from the factory to a particular time zone, you no longer have the opportunity to change it.  When you update the software, it then brings you to the proper screen to make the changes to the time.

You need to download 2 zip files from the website, unzip them, burn them to a CD, and then get to the update screen on your stereo, load the CD, and it does the rest on it's own.  All of the instructions are on the website, except for how to unzip a file and how to burn the CD.  It took me all of about 3 minutes to get the CD ready and about 7 minutes to update the stereo. 

I did not see any effect on the things that you would have saved in the stereo.  NAV is still setup and ready to go.  Preset stations are still there.  Print the instructions from Harley's webpage and take them to the bike with you, along with the CD. 

The first thing they tell you is how to check to see if you have the current software and that if you have the current version, you don't need to do this.  Well, if your clock doesn't work, you need to ignore this and reload the same version that's already on there.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »

Well, I have been battling with this clock issue over and over again.  After updating the stereo software, I am able to set the time, but then as soon as I go for a ride, the time would change again to another time zone.  After my third time updating the software, finally it has allowed me to make a change to the time zone with the up and down arrows.  I think I finally got this beast tamed...or at least I hope so.  I guess I'll find out the next dry day I have to take a ride.

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 10:17:53 PM »

Well, I have been battling with this clock issue over and over again.  After updating the stereo software, I am able to set the time, but then as soon as I go for a ride, the time would change again to another time zone.  After my third time updating the software, finally it has allowed me to make a change to the time zone with the up and down arrows.  I think I finally got this beast tamed...or at least I hope so.  I guess I'll find out the next dry day I have to take a ride.

Once you get the right time zone in it your done.

Good Luck

:2vrolijk_21:

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »

I know.  I think I finally have it now.  It wouldn't let me change the time zone on my prior attempts.  I'm really glad I purchased this bike in the winter months.  It's really giving me the chance to get all the bugs worked out and get any upgrades done before riding season.

Page created in 0.189 seconds with 21 queries.