Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My anniversary picts  (Read 1282 times)

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
    • SPIARTSgraphics
My anniversary picts
« on: January 14, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »

I wanted to introduce my anniversary serk poster in this strand. I have made a few changes in one year. Take a look at:
http://gotright.net/Podcast/Podcast.html
copy and paste and give me some feedback.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 04:59:41 AM by Jcarl08 »
Jcarl
• I picked up my pal October 12, 2007
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 / SERK
Re: My anniversary picts
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 07:42:03 PM »

So... I've got the same bike (black diamond and silver dust paint) and have another thread going about a windshield bag... Pretty much decided it wouldn't work with the stock SERK windshield...until I saw your post...  Did you have to modify the bag or the shield in any way to get it to work?

Also curious about the heated grips... I just got mine installed about a week ago.  I've heard that they are unreliable... had any problems yet?

Your bike really looks good... that's a really good setting... where were the pictures taken?

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 04:33:47 AM »

Say thanks,
On that bag I bent the metal strip inside the bag to match the contour of the windshield. Remove the three center nuts. I used some heavy paper to make an impression of the bolts pattern, mark a three hold pattern at the metal strip of the bag. Work around the rivets, get it centered, tweak with the drill bit, and bolt it down tight. If you need a pict let me know. Make sure that it is high and deep enough not to bump the console during operation.

I have nothing to compare grip with. With the appropriate gloves they work great. I personally install heated grips on my 01 Ultra, and rode the bike for seven years. The right grip would get hotter than the left. On my serk the left is hotter than the right. I've gripped other brands and I notice no difference. No. 6 is hot to the bare hands. The dial's torque is ok and its location is the best it have seen. There is no need to concern myself with unnecessary movement. If it is very cold much like the other morning, to have blood circulating  in my finger tips is the best one can ask for. I never set the dial to 6, unless it is cool and I ride about an hour or more. I mostly supply heat to the grips when I am wearing thin gloves in chilly temperatures. Bikers to my north may require more.

Hermann Park's, Sam Houston Monument, in Houston is where I stage those shots. the weather, sky and stature were in perfect agreement. I had to Photoshop several obstructions, 
Jcarl
This is my slogan coined years ago, "I love to ride and ride what I love" I am an artist and photographer down in Houston, Texas that loves the two wheel experience.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 05:47:31 AM »

Nice job Jcarl. Great piece of work putting the pics together in quicktime like that.

Looks like you have done a whole bunch of stuff to your bike and she is looking really good.

:2vrolijk_21:

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

Majorrocky

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4 / SERK
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 05:09:28 PM »

JCarl,

Thanks for the description on the bag.  Yeah... I'd love to see any pics you may have on it.

Thanks.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 05:56:30 PM »

Beautiful bike! Great site and very well done photographs! Love to see the bike in person, looks well modded.

Jcarl08

• Junior CVO Member
    • TX

• SPIARTSgraphics
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »

I thought it wise to post this pict. There were five grilled holds not three. I tried with three, but the bag never form to the contour of the windshield. I position it with the three and made impressions of 4 and 5. It is important that it is centered. Do not grill all five holds at once. Another friend did that with problems. Four and five nips the bracing bar. Drill from the leather side while laying the inside on a 2x4 plank. Make holds as small as possible, just large enough to force through the bolts.
Jcarl

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 21 queries.