Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Motorcycle Value Program ( M.V.P.), Inc.  (Read 6238 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Motorcycle Value Program ( M.V.P.), Inc.
« on: January 20, 2009, 06:25:49 PM »

Just recieved from my dealer an invitation to attend a meeting announcing their entry into the M.V.P., Inc.  It says, " M.V.P. Inc. is a national motorcycle loyalty program with 20 locations throughout the United States. Based upon superior business practices, MVP awards and establishes franchises in only the very best H-D dealerships across the country. Membership within MVP presents the ultimate customer service and retail experience second to none."  They say that event attendees will enjoy the opportunity to join MVP and earn everyday dealership discounts of 11 to 15%, unprecedented member-only specials, seminars on MVP operations and how you can benefit from the program as well as other specials and surprises.  I got this from Bumpus H-D in Jackson, TN.  Has anyone else heard or recieved info on MVP from their dealership or do you think this is just another pormotional scheme?
Jesus is Lord

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Motorcycle Value Program ( M.V.P.), Inc.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »

Just recieved from my dealer an invitation to attend a meeting announcing their entry into the M.V.P., Inc.  It says, " M.V.P. Inc. is a national motorcycle loyalty program with 20 locations throughout the United States. Based upon superior business practices, MVP awards and establishes franchises in only the very best H-D dealerships across the country. Membership within MVP presents the ultimate customer service and retail experience second to none."  They say that event attendees will enjoy the opportunity to join MVP and earn everyday dealership discounts of 11 to 15%, unprecedented member-only specials, seminars on MVP operations and how you can benefit from the program as well as other specials and surprises.  I got this from Bumpus H-D in Jackson, TN.  Has anyone else heard or recieved info on MVP from their dealership or do you think this is just another pormotional scheme?

This sounds like a dealer loyalty program. My local dealer has two types: 1 for HOG members and 1 for non-members. As you spend more money at the dealer, the more points you earn. It sounds like they have just expanded the network of dealers involved.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 07:00:25 PM »

Two of the Twin cities dealers belong to this. I belong and think it is a great deal. It's basically the more you spend the more you save up to 15%. There are other ways to earn points (miles ridden, service projects, showing up for sales, etc). I am not a HOG member (still haven't decided if it is worth it) but this actually saves me money every time I buy something.

My $.02

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 08:27:50 PM »

Two of the Twin cities dealers belong to this. I belong and think it is a great deal. It's basically the more you spend the more you save up to 15%. There are other ways to earn points (miles ridden, service projects, showing up for sales, etc). I am not a HOG member (still haven't decided if it is worth it) but this actually saves me money every time I buy something.

My $.02

My dealer is an MVP dealer.  It is hard to maintain the maximum discount unless you have purchased a bike during the year.  I don't know if the points structure is the same at all MVP dealers or not, but it takes a lot of points to maintain "Gold" status and earn the maximum discount of 15%.  The problem for me is another 20 miles down the road there is a dealer that sells at 20% discount year round... 
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 06:00:41 AM »

My wife and I just got our invites to this at Bumpus in Murfreesboro TN. I think we just spoke for 5 of the 20? should we count? But I will go for the drinks and refreshments.
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

hdhog1

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: Autumn Haze CUSE
    • CVO2: Canyon Copper SEFB2
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:46:34 AM »

My dealer is an MVP dealer.  It is hard to maintain the maximum discount unless you have purchased a bike during the year.  I don't know if the points structure is the same at all MVP dealers or not, but it takes a lot of points to maintain "Gold" status and earn the maximum discount of 15%.  The problem for me is another 20 miles down the road there is a dealer that sells at 20% discount year round... 
  Most of us have seen these programs come and go.  You are right for the most part it is a promotional gimmick.  As stated above hard to meet the conditions.  I have been a HOG life member for more than 20 years.  Most dealers I have been to Do not offer HOG discounts.  MVP Is probably another dealer loyalty program.  These types of programs usually are short lived.

By all means go to the party take advantage of whatever they give you.  The MOCO and the Stealer won't give you much.  If you are looking for deals look elsewhere.  There are a few dealers and stores that offer 20% off HD parts everyday as quoted above.  You can also get some good CVO member only discounts here.  Check Group Buys.  Good Luck.          Randy 

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 25 queries.