Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rewiring Tour-Pak for turnsignals,running and brakelights  (Read 859 times)

flhtcu07

Rewiring Tour-Pak for turnsignals,running and brakelights
« on: March 10, 2009, 04:37:01 PM »

Somebody has had to try this already and made it work.Harley changed the wiring a few years ago and its giving me fits.I want to make my Tour-Pak lights fuction as brake,turnsignal and tail lights.Its a piece of cake to turn them into turn signals but the trick is to get the brake light to work at the same time.I don't want to run them through my brake turn signal kit from Harley since it would be more load than I think it could take.Anybody?? Thanks

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Rewiring Tour-Pak for turnsignals,running and brakelights
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 01:49:34 AM »

Try this thread: http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=33760.0  The setup from Ride Time Technology makes it real easy to do and changes the tourpack lights to LED's at the same time.  I posted 2 videos in the thread to show them working also.  The other thing they have is a setup to make the side lamps on the tourpack into turn signals also.  I did both.  I think the total cost was about $146 to do both and your visibility is vastly improved with the LED's.  When you look at the videos, the taillamps appear to be amber, but they are still red.  My normal turn signals next to the taillight are still amber.  I made no changes to that area other than just changing the taillight to LED also.  That was another $90.  I like the added visibility with the LED's and the turn signals in the tourpack, and I also like the contrast between the amber and red turn signals going at the same time.  I think it adds further noticeability to the entire setup.  If you were going to do it the way I did, I would sell the Harley part, but then you lose the regular turn signals being running and stop lamps.  I'm just not sure if the tourpack setup is compatible with the Harley kit or not.  If it is, then you can do both.  You can call Keith at Ride Time Technology and he is a real nice guy and he'll answer whatever questions you have for the setup you want to do.  Their info is posted in the other thread also.  Good luck.

flhtcu07

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »

Thanks,I knew someone had to have done this already.I have enough info now and it should be done by the end of the week.Great site.

FR8TRN

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ya ever take a crap so big your pants fit better??
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 10:31:35 AM »

If you already have the Brake/Turn Signal Module from HD, all you need is some wire.  I've been running mine like that for 15K miles or so now and it works fine, no problems with the Module or the lights.  I tested the Ride Time Technology stuff before it was released, running wires from the HD Module is a cleaner and easier install.  You do need to disable the Run portion of the HD Module though, those lights have a seperate Run circuit.  I did it before making the modification because I don't like the turn signals to have a Run mode, the difference from Run to Brake isn't significant enough for me.

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 25 queries.