Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: SE Prices  (Read 5298 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: SE Prices
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2009, 11:51:48 PM »

It must be a quote from Pirate's H-D!   :bandana:
Jesus is Lord

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »

I guess what got me thinking is the US Auto industry.  Car sales are at an all-time low.  Every manufacturer is offering special incentives to move product.  i'm surprised that Harley isn't providing some dealer incentive to get things going.  The average guy isn't going to get financing, and will still hold off to buy something that is more fun than practical.

The CVO group is a bit different.  This is a bunch of guys who already are willing, and do pay 2X the cost of a bike, and I never read a thread about where to get the best financing.  The few thousand units we buy are not going to float HD. 

Maybe it is just that I think dealers should take much better care of this group like they do at the high-end car manufacturers.  There is a big difference between Chevy and Caddilac.

This is an excellent comment. One of the problems that H-D Dealerships have is that they cannot cater only to the CVO crowd. CVO's are the highest profit margin in the lineup and (as we all know from experience) are only doled out a few to each dealer. Imagine if there was an exclusive CVO only dealer? Kind of like a Lamborghini Dealer? Top of the line service? Who wouldn't pay more for that luxury? Instead we are thrown in with the rest of the group and not treated any differently than someone spending half as much. This is a "premium" product after all.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:57 AM »

This is an excellent comment. One of the problems that H-D Dealerships have is that they cannot cater only to the CVO crowd. CVO's are the highest profit margin in the lineup and (as we all know from experience) are only doled out a few to each dealer. Imagine if there was an exclusive CVO only dealer? Kind of like a Lamborghini Dealer? Top of the line service? Who wouldn't pay more for that luxury? Instead we are thrown in with the rest of the group and not treated any differently than someone spending half as much. This is a "premium" product after all.

That's a slippery slope AJ.  One I'm not comfortable with either.  The corrolary to it is that some college kid who chose between intercession tuition and transportation and decided to scrape by payments every month on an 883 should be satisified with less than proper service and effort.  I don't want the dealer to do a better job for me than any other schmuck that rolls in.  I want the damn dealers to do a fair and decent job for all the riders.

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 01:35:55 AM »

geezerglide-$42317 quote for what?  A SERG or SEUC, man someone is sure happy with the price pen. >:(

gordy,

The price is for an 09 SERG in Canadian  Dollars. DSRP (Dealer Suggested Retail Price) is CDN $37,539 + $2,000 Dealer Mark Up + $1,620 Destination + 1.05% Federal Sales Tax = CDN $43,216.95 and that is in Alberta where have no Provincial (State) Tax, for the Provinces (the rest) they have to add another 5% - 6%.

geezerglide

Gone Fishin'

• The Director
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE Limited®, Black Sparkle and 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Ultra Classic®, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate, # 110 of 992
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 Screamin' Eagle® Road King®, Black Ice, 1 of 1325
    • CVO3: 2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red and 2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine, 1 of 316
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 02:32:14 AM »

That's a slippery slope AJ.  One I'm not comfortable with either.  The corrolary to it is that some college kid who chose between intercession tuition and transportation and decided to scrape by payments every month on an 883 should be satisified with less than proper service and effort.  I don't want the dealer to do a better job for me than any other schmuck that rolls in.  I want the damn dealers to do a fair and decent job for all the riders.
I'll have to second Don here. We've had this discussion before. With the few CVO's a dealer has, no significant separate service structure could be created or maintained. In fact, if it would exist, it would probably lead to expectations not met, hence more disappointments and frustration. From a dealer stand point the last two years have probably been a nightmare regarding to the CVO engine failures. They've known less than we did in most cases, had to struggle with the Moco, and also with us, the rightfully upset customer. At our dealer five '07 SERK have been sold, and only one remains (mine). The other customers have simply given up, traded in. That is not a nice situation for anyone involved. In this scenario the CVO VIP service concept would have failed even more than the general service concept did. As a customer, I do not want any promises made, the dealer cannot keep. Having owned and owning several CVO's I have always been treated very well, when it comes to warranty or after warranty (no five year extension in Europe available) issues, better in my mind than a regular customer, and without walking through a separate platinum entrance for the CVO department. And perception is reality here.

Ride safely,
Louis

1914 10E, Grey
1956 FLH Custom, Candy Orange
1988 FXRS Custom, "S.O.A."
2000 FLSTF Custom Fat Boy, "Jumpin' Jack Flash"
2000 FXSTS Custom Springer Softail, Grey
2000 FXR4, Candy Tangerine
2001 FXDWG2, Scarlet Red
2005 FLHTCSE2, -9/07
2007 FLHRSE3, Black Ice
2008 FLHTCUSE3, -7/08
2009 FLHTCUSE4, -4/10
2010 FLHTCUSE5-BLK, Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate
2012 VRSCDX ANV, Brilliant Silver Pearl
2016 FLHTKSE, Black Sparkle
2016 XL1200CX Roadster, Vivid Black
2018 FLFBS ANV
CVO 1480 IBA 26678

gordy

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2009, 09:20:52 PM »

geezerglide- yeah I realized that we were talking Cdn $, just didn't realize that the dealer added 2k with the price pen.  Maybe we should talk-I may have a deal for you.  Interested?

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2009, 02:41:24 PM »

I have a deposit on a SERG.  Last week, HD had a lay off, and we know the economy is not doing well.  not too many people have the coin for a $30K bike anymore.  Is anyone finding better than MSRP deals on SE Bikes?

My final price out the door without extended warranty (coming later) for a 2009 CVO Ultra was $25.34 over MSRP. I don't want to post my quote sheet on-line.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2009, 02:58:51 PM »

My final price out the door without extended warranty (coming later) for a 2009 CVO Ultra was $25.34 over MSRP. I don't want to post my quote sheet on-line.

Don't forget you've only got 90 days or 3k miles to get the extended without the $150 premium tacked on.  See if your dealer will give you 20% off the extended service with wheel/tire warranty.  If not, call Jenni Sypata at Tri-County HD and she'll sell you the whole package over the phone, no questions asked, other than the usual name, vin, purchase date, etc.  I got my Street Glide ESP through here.

:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »

We forgot all about the extended warranty until he reminded us while we were doing the paperwork. My wife claims he gave us six months to pay but I've been trying to tell her it was only three like you're saying. The warranty plan he offered was five years total coverage for $1000 and if we missed the due date, our cost was going up $400, not $150. He said we would pay a $50 deductible for each claim and that it was a total of five years, not five extra. I thought it would give us seven years total but he claimed not. Are there other warranty packages ?

They gave me a 15% discount an all accessories but they didn't offer it on the warranty. Is it ok to buy the extended warranty from another dealer ?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2009, 06:22:32 PM »

We forgot all about the extended warranty until he reminded us while we were doing the paperwork. My wife claims he gave us six months to pay but I've been trying to tell her it was only three like you're saying. The warranty plan he offered was five years total coverage for $1000 and if we missed the due date, our cost was going up $400, not $150. He said we would pay a $50 deductible for each claim and that it was a total of five years, not five extra. I thought it would give us seven years total but he claimed not. Are there other warranty packages ?

They gave me a 15% discount an all accessories but they didn't offer it on the warranty. Is it ok to buy the extended warranty from another dealer ?

If that includes the wheel/tire warranty, $1000, for 5 years total coverage, that is a great deal.  I got the 5 Year with wheel/tire from Jenni at Tri-County for $1200 and change and that was 20% off.  You can get the ESP for 3, 4, 5, 6, & 7 total years.  (Actual ESP years would be 1,2,3,4,5 years past the factory warranty).  The Tire/Wheel is effective from day one though.  I've already had to replace a rear tire on my SEUC due to an embedded screw and it didn't cost me a dime to have it done. (0 deductable on the tire/wheel)  Yes, the deductible, after your two year warranty is up is $50/visit, not part or item.  So if you take the bike in to get 1 item or 5 items fixed, it's $50.  Ask them if it includes the tire/wheel.  If they are giving you that good of a deal for the 5 year, find out what kind of a deal for the 7 year, if you're planning on keeping the bike that long.  And yes, you can buy the ESP from any Harley Dealership and it's good at any HD Dealership. 
:devil:
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:38:20 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

bribe36

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SERG
« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »

MikeH
I picked my SERG on 24 Sep 08 and the dealer told me I had 90 days to buy the ESP. If I went past that there would be an extra $150 plus possibly an  additional charge if the cost of the ESP went up in that time. I bought the 7 year package ( actually only 5 years added to the original 2)  for $1815 Canadian. They did offer 3, 4 or the 5 year plan but the "Best" value was the 7 year deal.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 06:35:31 PM by bribe36 »

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »

I was at Eagles Nest (Lathrop Ca.) yesterdaythey had a silver and blue UC going out that never made it to the floor. Sold while it was being uncrated. I asked what it sold for, they wouldn't say. I know they sell most of their bikes for 2500.00 above MSRP. They did say they sold 65 bikes last month (DEC) and 58 bikes in (JAN). I'm amased since Lathrop is part of the housing crash area , right next to Stockton Ca. Forecloser Capitol of the Country  :nixweiss:......Jon

musty

• bad ass scoot

• CVO1: CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »

i think the price is going to depend on the dealer, the situation he is in and the local economy. i had an 05 SEEG2, with 20K miles on it and took it in for it's scheduled maintenance. the dealer had only sold two bikes, in the month of January and was looking to sell a bike. he had a ruby red CUEG4 sitting on the showroom floor, that he was hungry to move. he gave me 2K over book, for my bike, a $500 gift certificate and $500 off MSRP. needless to say, i am really enjoying the new bike :orange:
musty

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2009, 08:47:50 AM »

My SERG came in yesterday, but I had the deal negotiated a month ago. Got the SERG for MSRP and they gave me almost $3K over book on my trade.  They also gave me 20% off on a handful of P&A. Paid full sticker for the 7-year ESP though.

All in all, I feel like I got a good deal.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.199 seconds with 25 queries.