Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: MBA DIRECT WARRANTY  (Read 998 times)

guentherb

• CVO1: 08 FXSTSSE Black
    • CVO2: 02 FLSTFI Black
MBA DIRECT WARRANTY
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:32:40 PM »

Has anyone had any expierience with MBAdirect extended warranty for thier scoot.  It's less than half the price of harley and has an A+ accredidation with the BBB.  I get a bit hesitant about purchasing aftermarket stuff like this.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
Re: MBA DIRECT WARRANTY
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 12:04:27 AM »

Has anyone had any experience with MBAdirect extended warranty for their scoot.  It's less than half the price of harley and has an A+ accreditation with the BBB.  I get a bit hesitant about purchasing aftermarket stuff like this.
Don't know anything about them.  But third party service agreements can be complicated by the fact that the dealer may not want to deal with them not only for payment but even for coordination for approval of the repairs.  This was an issue for my business partner on his auto a couple years ago.  Ford dealer basically told him they didn't have time to deal with non Ford service agreements.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 08:49:26 AM »

The first thing you need to do before even considering a third party service agreement is to get a list in writing of the facilities in your area that honor that companies agreements.  A half price agreement isn't worth much if you have to trailer your ride a few hundred miles until you find someone willing to deal with your particular service agreement.  I'm not familiar with MBA Direct, but if they are like some others I've heard of they may tell you not to worry, you can have the service performed anywhere you like and then submit a claim yourself.  I don't like that idea for several reasons.  First, they may not reimburse at retail rates, so you wind up paying a lot more than just the per repair deductable.  Second, when they decide to fold up the tent and move on you are the one on the hook, not the repair shop that already has your money.

I personally hate to see the MoCo and it's dealers further enriched by the sale of extended service agreements, but if someone is convinced they want a service agreement they probably should look first at the one the manufacturer endorses.  Just remember, you don't have to pay the full asking price, the actual price is fully negotiable and in fact there are places that will give you a 20% discount over the phone. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:29 AM »

I had a third party Warranty for an auto many years ago in So. Cal. I moved hundreds of miles away from the dealer that sold the warranty. I soon found out the warranty was wortless in northern California as no dealerships honored the warranty company. These are written for a handfull of service centers, make sure you get clarification before you consider this.

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »

I bought my bike at a non-harley dealer.  He sold me on some off-brand warranty and promised the world!  Spoke to harley and they said they would honor it,  but it was a crap warranty and the adjusters would squirm on anything.

Within 3days cancelled the warranty (he was not happy) and bought a harley one.  Call Chris (in finance) at Chicago Harley in Glenview.  Tell him scott referred you and see what he can do for you

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.