Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Anyone else feel like this?  (Read 2391 times)

fourstar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO2: 04 FLSTCI
Re: Anyone else feel like this?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2009, 05:13:45 PM »

Cheer up!  Out here we're on the verge of bankruptcy because of our idiot government and rationing water because of drought.
On the bright side, took a ride through the Kern River Canyon Saturday and saw beautiful wildflowers and enjoyed a reasonably warm ride around Lake Isabella.  (I know this is worthless without pics!!)  Riding to Ventura tomorrow for fish and chips at Andria's and then up the coast to 33 thru Ojai and taking the back roads home. 
I'll be thinking about ya'll the whole way!
“Red! I want red, there's no substitute for red!”
                                                             -Sammy Hagar

Decano

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: SEUC2
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2009, 06:01:40 PM »

I know the feeling.  Most cold mornings I go to the garage with my cup of coffee and spend some alone time with my ride before work.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »

14 here today but boy the SERK looks great under covers tucked away in the garage  :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

sit on it and use yer imagination. :P

TN
Wut the hell was that maneuver

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2009, 07:50:46 PM »

sit on it and use yer imagination. :P

TN
I know where you live  :hanged: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :behead:

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »

Here in RI we got 13" of snow today. High temp for Tues. is 24. I'm to depressed to even look in the garage. KB
kb

RickC

• When I was 42, I was the answer life, the universe and everything. Now, I'm all that *and* a side of fries!
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHR Vivid Black
    • CVO2: 2009 FLTRSE3 Stardust Silver / Titanium Dust **TRADED**
    • CVO3: 2010 FXDF Vivd Black **TRADED** | 2007 FLTR Vivid Black / Red (a/k/a "Red Nipples") **TRADED** | 2005 FLTRI Black Pearl / Grey (a/k/a "The Black Pearl") **TRADED**
    • Rick Rocks On!
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2009, 08:30:28 PM »

And to make matter worse, as I was turning the corner, there to my left od the side of the road was this.

Which just goes to prove that some guys have the winter blahs worse than others. The high today was about 40. I wish I could have ridden. Would have except I had to pick up a box and some packing materials to ship the wheels I sold on eBay this weekend. Boxes don't strap onto the bike very well. :(

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »

It seems lately my thought process has been consumed by one thing, RIDING. First thing I do in the morning, after essentials, is fill the cup and open the door to the garage; looking at the bikes. Thinking "Soon ladies, soon". As I drive to my first stop, I can see the hills and roads of Tennessee beckoning me to "ride me". I can almost hear the pipes. This year has been an odd one as the weather has worked against me. Rain, Cold, Snow, all the things I left Chicago for years ago, figured Tennessee was far south enough to escape winter. But since the Volunteer State has some of the most beautiful riding roads, I'll stay, but FLA looks good right now.
As my day wears on, I think more and more about riding. I go over my check list time and time again, " what else do I need to do to get ready?" More coffee. Then, as I drive home after a 12 hr day of agonizing, I pull up the house and enter the garage, "daddy's home". Then set in to tweaking, adjusting, cleaning, and best of all, polishing, got wood?
Oh well, time to eat, talk trips and riding, Oh, and talk with this bunch of addicts :hippy:

I can't even go in the garage and visit with my bike...it was picked up by the shop today.  My thoughts have been consumed with riding since I picked up this bike in November.  I know that getting it to the shop is a step in the right direction, but I'm worried that my pipes won't arrive and my bike will still be held hostage when we start getting some nicer weather, which has been forecast.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »

Yep, 74 today, going to be warmer tomorrow. I sure hate these cold Colorado winters!  ;D ;)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »

Yep, 74 today, going to be warmer tomorrow. I sure hate these cold Colorado winters!  ;D ;)

You're killing me here!

HDBaggerDave

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 09FLTRSE3
    • CVO2: 07FLHTCU
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2009, 10:27:26 PM »

Welcome to my world.  For those that don't know it...South Bend is not in the south!  Damn, just got another $300 heating bill.  That's good bike parts right up the chimney.

Screamin'Eagle~Sweetie

• CVO1: FXTSSE3- Black and Emerald Green Ice
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2009, 10:30:49 PM »

we are just crossing our fingers... riding lessons start on March 26th. It snowed today and it's 19 degrees.  :coolblue:
Screamin'Eagle~Sweetie

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2009, 10:36:03 PM »

I try not to think about it to much when it's cold (my ole arse don't like being cold and riding), but we've had some warm (50/60 degree) days recently and I was just waiting for all the roads to be clear of chemicals and sand.... Then what do we get last night.... another fricken snow storm (worse one this winter) and the roads look like a salt mine again. :sauer005: And to top it all off it's going to be in the 60's again by the weekend, but until we get a couple good days of rain I'm not taking mine out. 

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

I agree 100%.  I should be getting mine this week, but I'm not riding it until the rains come.  Just not worth it to me to get the salt and chemicals all over/under it.  Supposed to be 60s here later this week.  but had fresh snow (and salt/sand/gravel) over the weekend.

Maybe we should form a CVOHARLEY Winter Blues Support Group?  :nixweiss:  :drink: :drink:  Or come up with some other cool acronym to call it?   I'm just sayin'...
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2009, 04:58:56 AM »

Let me know if you detour thru the 'Cuse and got an empty slot  ;)

Chit, had me goin there for a second. I thought you spelled slot wrong.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.23 seconds with 21 queries.