Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SERT Software Question  (Read 2698 times)

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
SERT Software Question
« on: March 29, 2009, 01:33:25 PM »

I have a SERT on an '01 Deuce.  Can I use the new Super Sert Software, or do I need to find a copy of the original SERT software?  If I need the old version, does anyone know what the current part # is?

Also, does the Super Sert use the same cables as the original SERT?

Thanks!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: SERT Software Question
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:40:56 PM »

The old one was made by Steve Cole and you will need the Old SERT Software version 4.77 to tune your bike.   You will not be able to use the Super SERT Software, nor at this time can you use it with the TTS Software.

Harley sells the software for approx 20.00 on a CD.   I believe and not 100 percent but the cables are different slightly as I understand it the new Super SERT uses a USB cable where the original SERT used a standard RS232 and a RS232 to Deutsch connecter cable.  These cables came with the older versions of the SERT then harley decided they could make 40.00 bucks more selling you the same cables.

Don't have the current part number handy, but i am sure it is here on the board as I know it was posted some time back.
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

Ed Ramberger - One_Screamin_Eagle

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2000 FLTRSEI
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »

I have a SERT on an '01 Deuce.  Can I use the new Super Sert Software, or do I need to find a copy of the original SERT software?  If I need the old version, does anyone know what the current part # is?

Also, does the Super Sert use the same cables as the original SERT?

Thanks!

Cable from the bike to the SERT and SSERT are the same.  Cable from the SERT to the computer is a 9 pin - Cable from the SSERT to the computer is a USB printer cable
FLTRSEI -Delphi Conversion, 103", 251 cams, Heavy Breather & a couple other little tweaks

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 09:15:42 AM »

If you need the old software just post a request.

But something to think about, the old software - with the serial cable is a pain to use.

I can use it with my laptop and the docking port which includes a serial port.
None of the three USB to serial adapters I have will work correctly.

Sometimes they work, but most of the time not.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 11:08:46 PM by porthole »
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 10:03:52 PM »

Using the old SERT on USB is no big deal. You just need the proper Adapter. If you want to do that give us or any TTS dealer a call and just order the USB cable kit. It works with the old SERT of the new Mastertune product both.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 11:10:28 PM »

Are you saying your USB-serial adapter always works and never has a problem finding a com port?

MV 2013

unclejaz

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »

HI there just thought I would share my experience I bought a mastertune and was given a off brand[not mastertunes cable] and had nothing but trouble.I tried for two weeks  and even tried a different cable form the local computer store and still no luck.So I called Mastertune and talked to a tech, and he told me my problem was the usb cable and that I should call the folks I bought it from and have them supply me with the mastertune brand cable and it works without any issues at all.I don't know if this will be true for you but it sure solved my problems.The Mastertune usb cable goes   Deutsch to RS232 female cable ,to Key,to RS232 male to female cable,RS232 male to usb cable.Worth every penny it works with vista 64 bit and XP
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:01:53 AM by unclejaz »
James

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 04:52:10 PM »

Are you saying your USB-serial adapter always works and never has a problem finding a com port?

That is just what I am saying. When you first install the unit you may need to setup the com port but once done you never have to do it again. The Com port setup is a PC issue and some do it while others do not. Like I said though you only do it one time.

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 05:35:42 PM »

Duane:

In addition to the TTS Adapter, I've had long term experience with this Belkin unit:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459431

It has never failed me on several bikes as long as the computer had the latest drivers installed.  And they are readily available on their website.

:2vrolijk_21:
'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 08:39:28 PM »

Just so everyone knows there are plenty of USB adapters that work, we just got tired of company's discontinuing the ones we knew worked. We went and had one made and it cannot be changed without us knowing about it ahead of time. This insures a device that works properly every time but as others have said there are other ones that work fine too.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 09:44:45 PM »

In addition to the TTS Adapter, I've had long term experience with this Belkin unit:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=459431

It has never failed me on several bikes as long as the computer had the latest drivers installed.  And they are readily available on their website.

Maybe that's the problem Ben, I never spent that much on a serial - USB adapter, including the Belkin units.

This isn't the only thing I need serial access with. Several of our marine radios and most of our 2 meter radios use a serial interface to program them.

MV 2013

WVULTRA

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »

Maybe that's the problem Ben, I never spent that much on a serial - USB adapter, including the Belkin units.

This isn't the only thing I need serial access with. Several of our marine radios and most of our 2 meter radios use a serial interface to program them.

Duane:  One thing that always bothered me during a riding vtune session was if the vibration from the bike/riding was affecting the recording.  And there's always the fact that the USB adapter can loose it's connection from vibration.  I always secure the USB plug to the laptop with a piece of Duct Tape.

Was told by a Tuner some time ago that a good PCMCIA Serial Card was preferable for it's secure connectivity and faster access to the processor/bus:

http://www.byterunner.com/byterunner/category=PCMCIA+Serial+Cards

But they are quite a bit more expensive.  One such as this would allow dual input if needed:

http://www.startech.com/item/CB2S950-2-Port-Serial-PCMCIA-CardBus-Adapter-16950.aspx

But again, I've had great success with the Belkin adapter.  And I'm sure the TTS unit works perfectly too.  I think this is similar to the unit that's included with the TTS Cables:

http://www.datatek.com.tw/umc-201.htm

:2vrolijk_21:

'07 Ultra Classic
Axtell Mountain Motor 107" 
Baisley Stage II Heads
HPI 48 Conversion TB
SE Intake w/Zippers Max-Flow
Rinehart Tru Duals
TTS MasterTune
'08 Brembo Conversion

Sean M Cary

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 03:47:31 PM »

If you need the old software just post a request.

But something to think about, the old software - with the serial cable is a pain to use.

I can use it with my laptop and the docking port which includes a serial port.
None of the three USB to serial adapters I have will work correctly.

Sometimes they work, but most of the time not.

Duane, do you have PCMCIA slot?  I got a PCMCIA to serial adapter on eBay for about $20.00, works like a champ.

Also to the original poster, if you need it - just search for it with goggle, there was a link off one of the other forums with it.  Failing that PM or e-mail me and I will send you a copy (can't promise it will be timely)

Sean

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.