Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seat Help Please  (Read 1207 times)

Garucci

Seat Help Please
« on: March 14, 2009, 04:38:09 PM »

Hello everyone. I have look at seats until i cant see strait.  First i called Mustang and ask them about a seat for my 07 SERK and they said they dont make one that the Road King/Street Glide seat would set up above the frame/battery area.  So reserched this matter on this site and the answer that I kept finding was to buy a RK custom seat and it would work.  Long story short i got it in yesterday and sure enough Mustand was right, there is about a 3/4" gap above my side panels and you can see from one side of the bike to the other under the seat.  I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions to make this work?

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
Re: Seat Help Please
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 11:30:06 AM »

The only I can say return the seat or find someone who custom fit seat.
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 05:07:46 PM »

I have the Mustang seat and have not noticed a gap. As a matter of fact my seat seems to fit snug at all points.
2007 Screamin' Eagle Road King

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

FUNGOUL

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:37:07 AM »

SERK3

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 FLHRSE3
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 05:38:14 PM »

The RK Custom seat is the one i put on my 07 SERK, Everything fits, except its about 1" short of the console, I have had it on the bike for 2 1/2 years and no one has every noticed it, unless i show to them.
07 SCREAMIN EAGLE ROAD KING, RAZOR RED WITH GOLD FLAMES
V&H DUALS WITH HI-OUTPUT SLIP-ONS, ZIPPERS THUNDER MAX w/AUTOTUNE, NESS BIG SUCKER, LED TURN AND BRAKE LIGHTS. FARING, HARD BAGS & KING TOUR PAK.
LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 05:00:34 PM »

Here's a closeup of the Mustang seat. Seems to be a great fit and covers up the end of the dash plate.

Razor Red, Garmin 660 GPS, Passing Lights, Rear LED Run-Turn-Brake, Saddle Shields, Hard Bags, DeadCenter Fairing, XM Satelllite Stereo, Mini Beast II Air Horn, Neck Covers, C&C Fastback Seat, Wheel Dock Center Stand, Chubbys 575, 8" Recurve Shield

harleytimes

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 07:00:10 PM »

I have the same ride as you, 2007 Screamin Eagle Road King and got the Mustang Black Studded Smooth Touring Seat and it rocks.  Fit is very good.  I did tweak the back support pad (increased the angle) a little as I have a tendency to recline when my feet are on the highway bars.  Seat does put you up about two inches higher than the original (thanks due to padding in the seat).  Very comfortable and virtually no break-in period.  Don't know about the other seat options.  One of the most important tricks to being comfortable on long rides are a good pair of jeans (Diamond Gusset  jeans due to the extra area in the crotch, Kevlar and the velcro closure at the bottom of pants legs so they don't flap in the wind) and "riding shorts" which wicks moisture and breaths.
Kevin

2007 Screaming Eagle Road King
Mustang black studded smooth touring seat

It's a lot of work to have fun!

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 11:10:46 AM »

Very strange.  I have had the Mustang solo seat on my bike for almost two years, and I don't have any gaps.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »

Saw Dean's (Hayman7712) switch to C&C, so had to go that route. I have always liked the Mustang (extremely comfortable), but it does sit you higher than I wanted (I'm 6' and could only touch the ground with my toes). Got the C&C Fastback yesterday, installed and love the look and feel. Have no idea how it will be on a long ride, but I can sit flat footed on the bike. The bike now looks like the hot rod it is. Will post new pictures soon.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 09:08:05 AM »

Just a guess, but I think the difference in Mustang seat fit to the console is whether or not it is for a Road King or Road King Custom.  The RK console has a angle cut on the bottom, the Custom console extends further and the seat is a bit shorter.
Just my .02

HD gave me a Sundowner seat when I had all the issues.  It is not a bad seat.  Fits perfectly.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 07:11:21 AM »

The Mustang 75764 fit tight to the dash, no gaps anywhere.

ad2

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 07:12:20 AM »

Sorry - meant 75464. Got one for sale if anyone's interested.

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.