Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: My first 1100 miles in 3 days... I LOVE THE SERG!!  (Read 1603 times)

BryantH

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: CVO SERG - Silver 2009
Re: My first 1100 miles in 3 days... I LOVE THE SERG!!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:58:59 AM »

Crusty,

First, thank you for your services to this country and congrat's on the SERG. Someone asked earlier about a comparision between the GL1800 and the SERG. I'd be interested in hearing your take on this as well. When you get a chance, please share your thoughts on the two motorcycles.

Thanks

BryantH

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 12:58:48 PM »

hmmmm, the wing compared to the SERG...

I bought my wing used, so I only paid $17K for my '01 in '02. New, the loaded GL1800 goes for $26K. That's with Nav & Air Bag.

Obviously the whole package is completely different. The wing is very sporty, smooth, and quiet. I've heard many a tale of a HD rider who made the mistake of letting his BSR ride on a the back seat of a wing, only to be given the ultimatum of a wing or them... lol I guess everyone's got their own priorities.  :nixweiss:  The wing is a tight fit for tall riders... highway pegs are a must. I did my whole 100K with the stock seat... but in the wing community, there are just as many folks who swap out immediately. Headlights are phenominal. The power is awesome... but it tops out at 120 (so I've heard... lol) No need to downshift to pass, it'll do 60-90 with the flick of the wrist in 5th gear. But... NO 6th gear  :(  It was designed by a sport bike guy... and it shows. Scraping pegs is common in the twisties, because it corners well. 0-60 is stated to be 3.7 seconds.

I loved the wing, and it was the right tool for doing Iron Butt rides... almost like cheating.  8)

I don't have enough stick time on the SERG to give an informed comparison on performance against the wing. After my first day being 480 miles, I am confident once I get the bike set-up for me (pegs, backrest, maybe bars) I could easily ride it all day long.

And then there is the obvious... the wing doesn't have much "cool factor". They are very nice, and fun to ride; I spent a lot of money buying shiny stuff and gizmos for it... but it would never be at the point where I looked at it and said, "DAMN, that is one sweet ride." The SERG has that out the door.

Just my rambling. I love to ride... and I think I'd enjoy whatever scoot I was on.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 01:24:28 PM »

Crusty, just picked up on your story. Glad you are enjoying the new scoot! Different bikes for different folks and purposes has always been cool with me. I would have a hard time picking out just the tip 10 bikes I would love to own.

Thanks for your service to our country. Let us know where you end up.

See you down the road.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.