Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Jet Hot  (Read 1283 times)

REGGAB

Jet Hot
« on: January 28, 2009, 12:36:57 AM »

About to order a set of V&H Dresser Duals for the FLHR.  Gonna keep the SE (Kerker) Fishtail mufflers.  Plan to unpack the headers, remove the heat shields, clamps, starter plate, etc, repack the headers, and ship them off to Jet Hot.  Shipping will be about $40.  Jet Hot wants $50 to strip the chrome, $160 to coat with Sterling (1300 degrees F) inside and out, and about $40 to repack and ship back to me, and roughly 7 days lead time.  So.....not counting the cost of the new headers, I'm looking at $290 to have a brand new set of headers coated.

Good Deal?   :nixweiss:

I paid Rod $200 to have the D&D headers stripped, coated, and shipped for the 117cid.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
Re: Jet Hot
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 07:31:29 AM »

I paid around that, I think 250 cause I used the dnd box for shipping, good communicators and quick turn around and I did not know who Rod was...Looks bitchin.....sitting on the shelf....good war....y... ::)

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 08:44:29 AM »

Great minds think alike LOL!  Just did a set of D&D headers. They were having a special right around Christmas. $204.00 shipping, stripping etc. I also learned that HPC and Jet Hot are in someway connected. Both informed my I would be sending my pipes to "their" Penn plant for coating. However the price varied by $86.00!

Finished product looks great.

JW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 09:16:08 AM »

Looks good enough to skip the shields!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 09:37:37 AM »

Great minds think alike LOL!  Just did a set of D&D headers. They were having a special right around Christmas. $204.00 shipping, stripping etc. I also learned that HPC and Jet Hot are in someway connected. Both informed my I would be sending my pipes to "their" Penn plant for coating. However the price varied by $86.00!

Finished product looks great.

JW
your pipes have their own bed?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 09:44:57 AM »

It is a nice backdrop, sofy, sexy yet organized...I'm just sayin

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 10:25:14 AM »

When your single, you can work on your bike where ever you want!  :vrolijk_19:  :)

They are pretty tho!

JW

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 10:29:32 AM »

How's the fit between the pipes and the muffler with the coating on, do you think you'll need to take any off the slip joint?

Craig

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 10:32:40 AM »

Just got the pipe back, I will let you know.

JW

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 05:08:51 PM »

I had Jet-Hot do some coating for me years ago and didn't do any checking locally.  When I had these headers coated, they have a 3" tap off the back, I checked with Jet-Hot and they wanted over $500 to do them.

I checked locally and found a coating place that did the same ceramic coating and the tumble ceramic bead polishing and got them done for $350 and I didn't have to ship them anywhere.

I would look for someone in your area that does coatings.  Maybe start with powder coating places and do some asking around.  I think in most metro areas you'll find you can get them done locally.

Mine did dull up with all the road rash being thrown on them, but with a bit of rubbing compond they polished right back up.  The coatings today are even better yet.  Some are near chrome in color.

Don't get me wrong, Jet-Hot will do a great job, but so will someone else and possibly local.

I have a set of V&H Dresser Dual with their ovals and I was thinking of doing the coating on them, but just got lazy and didn't do it.  All you have are two individual pipes and you should be able to get them done for that price or less if you can find a place. My new board track will have coated pipes, but not sure if I'll go silver or black yet.

Good luck with your search.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

harpmr

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 FLTRUSE

• CVO1: FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 11:43:22 AM »

When you shipped your headers to Jet Hot, did you remove the exhaust flange and the retaining ring or leave them on?

hogasm

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 08:48:33 PM »

When you shipped your headers to Jet Hot, did you remove the exhaust flange and the retaining ring or leave them on?

Leave them on

REGGAB

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:05 PM »

FatCat flanges are not held on with retaining rings.  They're made the with rings around the header to mate to the flange ring.

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.