Advanced search  

Author Topic: Laconia  (Read 618 times)

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
Laconia
« on: May 04, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »

Our early summer ride includes the Skyline Drive headed to Hershey, PA, then on to Laconia.
We need a place in the local area of Laconia to stay for 2 nights. Anyone have a good place to
stay?
The "TAZMUN"

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Laconia
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 04:52:03 AM »

A little out of the way but I stayed in Lincoln, about 1/2 hour north. Lot quieter at end of day. It does cut down on the alcohol consumption during the day when spending daytime in Laconia. A friend of mine stayed right in Laconia & he said never again. Too much traffic to try & get out to the surrounding areas.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 11:52:54 AM »

Portsmouth would be a nice option too. About the same distance as Lincoln, but South instead of heading North. Tons of bars and stuff to do. Great little New England ocean side town.
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

tazmun

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE (sold)
    • CVO2: 19 FLHXS All Black
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 01:29:53 PM »

Thanks, we'll take a look at both!
The "TAZMUN"

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 01:42:04 PM »

We rent a small place 1 mile from the Weir Beach area, buts its on a road than never gets congested.  We sit in the driveway later on just to watch the bikes go by. 
Any day on the bike is a good day.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 04:15:20 PM »

My wife and I live about 20 minutes south from the race track in Loudon or about 35 minutes from Laconia & Weirs Beach. We were thinking of offering a camping spot to a few needy individuals if there was some interest from our brothers and sisters from the CVO-Harley fraternity. We have a rock fire pit near a pond and a place to set up your camping gear or stay with your bike in our barn if the weather turns bad. Our log home is too small to entertain guests but the barn could provide shelter for both people and bikes. There is a bathroom but no shower. It is very quiet out here in the country and would make for a nice spot to camp for a few days or so. We are very near the entrance to Bear Brook State Park Campground and very near Deerfield Leathers. If you are looking for a quiet place to unwind it is worthy of consideration but if you are looking to really let lose and party then get close to the action at Weirs. One of the nice things about renting a place near Weirs is you can party and walk or crawl back to your rental unit without having to drive.   

I'm not sure if there is any interest but feel free to contact me for details.

Ray G.     

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 25 queries.