Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Late Shipping  (Read 2912 times)

RedFXR2

Re: Late Shipping
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2005, 05:29:23 PM »

Red, the Glides and the Fatboys are built on the same "line" at York.  Actually a more accurate description would be different ends of the same table lined hallway.  The V-Rods are in Kansas City.  Also, while HD does all the production paint at York for the models produced there they don't do the SE paints there.  That's a subcontractor.

Okay.  So add the 3500 SEEG's to the 3400 Fat Boys for a total of 6900 bikes built on the table lined hallway in 2005.  That makes the weekly output 138.  Three weeks worth is 414, and six is 828.  Not bad for an apparently primitive line.  Easily the capacity at hand to make it worth shifting to another order, IMO.

I'm just saying that it's possible...from the numbers anyway.

Do you know if the same paint sub that does the SE bikes does the accessory paint sets as well?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2005, 05:43:29 PM »

Okay.  So add the 3500 SEEG's to the 3400 Fat Boys for a total of 6900 bikes built on the table lined hallway in 2005.  That makes the weekly output 138.  Three weeks worth is 414, and six is 828.  Not bad for an apparently primitive line.  Easily the capacity at hand to make it worth shifting to another order, IMO.

I'm just saying that it's possible...from the numbers anyway.

Do you know if the same paint sub that does the SE bikes does the accessory paint sets as well?

Always agreed it was possible Red.  No doubt about that.  But since they were dribbling a few SE bikes out all along, and having seen the logistics of the place itself, it's just far more likely that if they wanted to up production they've move the people across the street to the other line rather than all the materials and inventory across the street to the people.  That's always easier anyway, and it's what they're geared for (production wise).  If you saw the place it'd make more sense too.

I'm drawing a blank right now on one of the paint subcontractor names.  One is Calibre.  The other escapes me right now.  I don't know that they haven't used others in the past as well. But there are two I've seen referenced regularly.

harley56

• Full CVO Member
  • 2004 FLHTCSE
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 07:57:14 PM »

Calibre is doing the CVO paint jobs.  This is, I believe their first year at this. They are in a suburb north of Milwaukee.  They also do the custom paints jobs that harley puts stock on it's bikes.  Also, if you need a fender painted for a non-current paint job, ie. 2000 FLSTF they do that.  Like twolanerider, I don't recall who does their other limited edition paints jobs.

I doubt production bikes would ever roll down the CVO lines.  They have capacity on their regular lines if they were to need it.  Remember they removed 10,000 bikes from the built in the "05 MY due to supply/demand issues.

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 12:16:31 AM »

The three week story well it's more like 4 weeks........Good news is mine finally showed up.  It was 4 weeks late but the black and slate finally found it's way home...
I'll try to post pictures
Bubba
Yes I know  [smiley=worthless.gif]
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 25 queries.