Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Suggestions for adding more luggage space???  (Read 2582 times)

deaf1

• Senior CVO Member
Re: Suggestions for adding more luggage space???
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2009, 10:25:26 PM »

deaf1,
I strapped my Eureka 6 person tent across the rear fender behind the saddle bags.  It went to Alaska and back that way.  This was on my old Ultra and I did have the bars going around the bags.  What does yours have for lower bag mounts/brackets?  The tent won't be that heavy, you just need something to tie to.  Then put your Tbag on the sissy bar.  How much more room do you need???  If you're filling the saddle bags and a decent sized Tbagand you still need more room, then make HER drive the damn car!

On the SERK I have the leather TP...  I need a place for a tent and just a tad more...  The saddleman and the ridetek stuff look perfect,  but just worried if they will fit under the TP and if they will bother the passenger...  Now if I could get a trailer for $800 like ohiodave,  that would be the way....

Def going to do the ziplok stuff as I know it saves a ton of room...  I prob will go to a trailer once we see how much the wife likes the touring.... 

If someone has the ridetek I would be interested in their thoughts...   

Scott

baddog652

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCUI W/ SE103 & SE 6 SPEED
    • CVO2: 2003 FLSCTI
Re: Suggestions for adding more luggage space???
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2009, 04:47:22 PM »

THe tongue weight of my trailer is 15 lbs. It has a tongue  mounted 32 qt cooler that has a nice cover on it. As for pulling it you won't know it's there. My only problem is I hug the center line when riding and the trailer makes me move more to center left/right. If you buy a trailer make sure you can get the tires anywhere. The trailer I have has 480x12 hi speed tires and you can get them at Wal Mart if you ever need to.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 25 queries.