Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Best aftermarket seat for SERG  (Read 7491 times)

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Best aftermarket seat for SERG
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 08:29:22 AM »

try the c & c seat,i got it month ago.great seat and a good turn around time.
I have the C&C solo, and I agree, It is a great seat, and very comfortable.  I am considering the LePera Sorrento and the C&C Sport Tour for a two-up seat.  Dimensions are similar.  It looks like the Sorrento has more of a driver bucket, which would be great.  Post pictures of your C&C two-up so the rest of us can get an idea.

aclass

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 08:37:11 AM »

I have the C&C solo, and I agree, It is a great seat, and very comfortable.  I am considering the LePera Sorrento and the C&C Sport Tour for a two-up seat.  Dimensions are similar.  It looks like the Sorrento has more of a driver bucket, which would be great.  Post pictures of your C&C two-up so the rest of us can get an idea.

Pics brooklyn,   we need to see pics of your C&C.

2UP3DOWN

• Elite CVO Member
  • 2UP3DOWN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHTCUTGSE - Sunset Orange &amp Sunset Black
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Silver Surfer - 2013 FLHRSE5 Crushed Saphire
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 12:42:49 PM »

I could bitch about the customer support also...  not the best in the business.

However...  I've bought (4) Corbin's over the past 6 years for different bikes and only one gave me a real service disappointment...

Quality wise, I think their seats are top notch.  In fact I just bought a Classic Solo for the SERG and not only is the seat perfect, but it's already ridiculously comfy right out of the box..  I'm sort of accustomed to having to put 1000 + miles on 'em before they loosen up. I think it's the newly styled padded/pleated seat concept.  I like it  :2vrolijk_21:

Desert Dave

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

Agree with EagleRider....Very happy with the comfort & look of the Corbin Solo for the SERG
2009 FLTRSE3 CVO - Black / Orange - Clear View 14" smoked windshield, Full size custom painted tour-pack. SERT, 1.75 inch Fullsacs. Wild 1 517's, lowers, RICOR rear shocks, and Intiminator's on the front.

Highwaystar

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 06 SE Fat Boy
    • CVO2: Blown 150HP 09 SE Road Glide
    • CVO3: No need to go further!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »

Companies evolve and quality can improve. I,m sure time has added to a better product for Corbin. A lot more recent positive comments on Corbin. Just a observation... :drink:
HWStar - Pro Charger; 153 hp 136 ft lbs, Jackpot header, 2-1/4 Fullsac's, TTS and PC-V with auto-tune, Dynojet Quick shifter, Xenon HI/low.

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 01:27:51 AM »

Companies evolve and quality can improve. I,m sure time has added to a better product for Corbin. A lot more recent positive comments on Corbin. Just a observation... :drink:

I agree Companies can progress, thus, improve. However, Corbin was a leading aftermarket seat manufacturer in the US due to treating people right, then there was a 2.5 year period of total disregard for the customer at the customers expense. That is not evolution as I know it.
Here's my story, I contacted Corbin for a Dual Tour seat when the 2007 FLHRSE3 came out, asked if they had a seat to fit and they replied in the affirmative, 5 seat exchanges (within 1 month) later, (seat # 3 destroyed the paint on the rear fender which cost me $642.00 to repair with no help from Mike Corbin) Corbin fessed up and stated they did not have a seat for the 07 CVO Road King. I finally received my money 8 months after Corbin received their last seat back from me. If I want to relive the Corbin experience, I will stand behind a mule and let him kick me in the nuts. I'm glad you believe Mike Corbin has improved the handling of customers afterall it will be hard to sell a Company with a bad reputation.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 09:43:39 AM »

i went with a heated corbin solo and am very pleased. :2vrolijk_21: i chose it because of the nut warmer option. i've had several other corbins that were good but that was back in the mid 90's. my 08 tr has the sunray touring with heat. :2vrolijk_21: but it looks goofy without the ktp on. i didn't use to care what i was sitting on just as long as i was riding but as i mature  :P i relish the heat option.

enjoy

TN

edit: the stock seat sux for sure. i had denser foam installed when new, it helped but still lacked something.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:47:10 AM by TN »
Wut the hell was that maneuver

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 08:15:25 PM »

The C&C solo is great will post pic when my smart kid gets home......

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 FLHXSE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2013 FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary Edition
    • CVO3: 2009 FLTRSE3 Road Glide
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2009, 02:19:14 AM »

Just picked up the C&C sport tour seat a couple of weeks ago.  Longest day ride has only been 175 miles but it was awesome.  Most importantly, bsr thinks it is great.  Black leather with gray ostrich inserts and gel pads.  C&C is located here in So Cal, so I was able to ride over, test ride there seat and then design my own seat.  Have owned 3 Corbin seats in the past, and this IMHO is a more comfortable seat than Corbin and felt great from day 1.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2009, 02:19:59 AM »

Another shot of the seat.

Beach Bum

• Senior CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2009, 02:22:18 AM »

Last one.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2009, 07:42:10 AM »

Danny Gray Big Seat
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 08:46:05 AM »

Danny Gray Big Seat

Wow!  Another great looking option!

Dragon42

• Full CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 08:52:56 AM »

C&C solo.  leather with stitching.Very comfortable.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.154 seconds with 25 queries.