Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Boy was she hot  (Read 2828 times)

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
Re: Boy was she hot
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2009, 01:39:15 PM »

Don't worry about HP. 

Have them shoot for around 13.2 / 13.6 to 1 air/fuel ratio throughout the power range from 2500 through 4500 RPMs.  If you install a 95 inch 48-state header pipe and a good flow-through muffler the bike will cool down significantly and be pushing around 108 tq and 90 hp.  Many of us have achieved this result with the minor mods I mentioned. 

You should also pull off your lowers if you already haven't yet.

I agree with you on pulling off the lowers. I pulled mine off and according to my  my fairing installed oil temp guage bike ran about 20 degrees cooler.

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2009, 02:56:29 PM »

Out here in Arizona I pulled my lowers off right after I bought the bike. I like the look better than with them on. The bike looks sleeker and you get allot more air flow. No GoldWing look!! The pinging is consistant with heat and bad gas. Timing is everything and having it adjusted through the power ranges is a must and a SERT. Yesterday thought it was 108 degree's and I got just a little bit of pinging at 85 mph when I cracked the throttle but it's hotter than hell right now!! Leaving Friday for Northern New Mexico and the Big Mountains and I can't wait for the cooler temps and afternoon rains!!Kasper likes those temps!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

DICKW

• 1K CVO Member
  • If you ain't Riding..You ain't living
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2009, 05:12:56 PM »

Lot of really good input.....appreciate it.
My 06 pinged very little with the Fuel Pac, 09 forget about it.
Once I put the SERT on, I only get pinging in 5th and 6th and I have to be rolling on the throttle. But who knows what download I am using.

I have an appointment to get the Bike put on a Dyno Aug 1, she'll be fine till them. I will probably only put 2,000 miles on it by then, I can afford only getting 35 miles to the gallon till Aug.

I know it will sort itself out after being tuned properly.
I will let you know when she's done.
2009 Screaming Eagle Electra Glide Ultra Classic, Hawg Wired, KW 10.5, 2" Pull Back Handlebars, Dakota Digital, V&H Power Dual w/ Monster Ovals (Black Tips),
SE Air Cleaner, Zippers 575 Cams, Zippers Adjustable Push-rods, Fueling Lifters,
Thunder-Max Auto Tune, SE Compensator, Legend Air Suspension.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »

8) 8) 8)

I ride my 09 in the 100 plus degree 80% humidity with absolutely no pinging from el Paso to San Antonio (550 miles at 80 plus).  The bike should not ping if the AFR and timimg are set correctly.  I have no problems at all with the PC V and autotune.  My buddy has the SERT on the 09 SERG and turned off the narrow band O2 sensors is running the bike at a 13.3 to 13.4 AFR.  Most HD dealers will setup the bike at above 14.0 unless specifically told to make it rich.

I have the Stage I AC, non-cat header (which made a huge difference in temps), PC V with autotune and Rinehart slipons.  Dyno'd at 93 HP and 111 Ft_lbs of torque.  Very Flat torque curve with the stock 255 cams between 2500 and 3500 rpm.
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

rheiner

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 120r motor Black Diamond/Crimson Tag Graphics
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Riptide Blue/Titanium Dust
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 11:14:15 PM »

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with a pinging bike. I have a SEUC4 and put the RG air filter on, stock 96 cubic inch head pipe that has been Jet-Hot coated with the crossover pipe in Extreme Sterling, and 2 inch Fullsac baffles. I V-tuned it using the TTS system. I am at 4,500 feet altitude and run 91 octane, the highest you can get (no ethanol). It pinged bad with a load at 2500 to 4000 RPM. It pinged regardless of whether I used the stock map or v-tuning. I explained the pinging to my dealer, who does dyno tuning and uses TTS software. They dyno tuned my bike and specifically told me they did not adjust the timing, only fuel ratios and AFRs.

On a recent trip to San Francisco to meet HD-Dude to have him install my AK-20s (he did a nice job and I love the performance), I had a lot of opportunity to see how the bike performed with the new tune. On the good side, pinging was virtually eliminated, but I can still hear it sometimes. The bad news is I only got 31 MPG cruising at 77-80 MPH and about 33.75 MPG cruising at 70-75 MPH. I would be happier if the milage was about 5-7 MPG better. I explained all this to the dealer when I got home last week. He told me to bring it in and they'd lean the AFRs and retard the timing and see how it compared to the horsepower, torque, and milage on the first tune. I'll let you know what I find out.

Randall

Ultrafun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 09:53:51 PM »

Hey Diamondback,

Glad to hear you have no problems with the PC-V with Autotune.  I'm heading out for a coast to coast ride and I'm anxious to see how the 09 CVO Ultra does at sea level and 14,000 ft with the PC-V with autotune.  I talked with Mike at PC and he gave me the following info:

"Leaving the Autotune on will not be a problem. If you want to be able to disable it while you are on a trip just hookup the map switch option and you toggle the Autotune on and off."

Mike Shefler
Dynojet Research Inc.
1-800-992-4993

Did you leave yours on?  I did and not quite sure what to expect.

Ride safe!

Ultrafun
Stage 1
Klock Werks 4-inch Exhaust (Rinehart Product)
PC-V with Autotune
Lovin it!

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »

:orange: :orange: :orange:

I leave mine on autotune all the time.  The switch works essentially like two different maps.  One with autotune and one without.  Say the non-auto could be set for afr of 14.5 for better gas mileage if the temperature is below 70 so the excess heat would not be an issue.  That said, I have ridden mine at 9800 feet in 35 degree weather and dropped down the same day to lees than 1000 feet at 85 plus degrees and the bike ran great.  And my gas mileage is consistently 38 to 41 with plenty of rideable power.  It's now blistering hot in South Texas and I road it over 500 miles at 85 mph at temps well over hundred and it ran great.

Being a systems engineer, I like the closed loop Wideband O2 sensors.  gas variance, temp, humidity and altitude make a open loop system inherently inefficient.

I had sever problems with pinging and excessive heat on my 07 Se ultra and nothingHD did fixed it (three engine rebuilds in 12000 miles).  Finally broke down and bought the Thundermax, D&D 2-1 and let the autotune take over.  Bike ran great, no pinging on multiple trips to Colorado for the next 6000 miles.

Thundermax hasn't mastered the fly by wire throttle so I went with the PC V. 

I'm sure you'll like it.

Ride safe, ride often.

Any day on two wheels is a great day.

2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.173 seconds with 25 queries.