Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Pull back Risers?  (Read 5151 times)

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
Pull back Risers?
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »

Hey Guys,
I have become frustrated searching through various catalog and with the dealer looking for pull back risers for my '08
Softtail Springer SE. I think I would be more comfortable on long rides if the bars were closer to me. I have my arms fully extended most of the time when I ride and it get's rather tiring around the 250 to 300 mile mark. I am looking for about a 2' pull back
the same height as the stock risers or maybe a little taller. Really don"t want mini-apes, but will also consider that option.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Shortdog

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
Re: Pull back Risers?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 11:53:58 PM »

There are no pullback risers for a springer with 1 1/4" handlebars..... period.

I installed a set of stock HD 1 1/4" handlebars for 2006 dyna WideGlide, they are similar to mini apes.
It's very comfortable for me now, everyone that sits on the bike loves the new bars! :bananarock:

the main reason I went with the wideglide bars was because everything else I looked at was too wide at the base, and didn't look right with the narrow springer frontend.  :nixweiss:
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:16:35 PM »

Thanks Deuce. I had about reached that conclusion. Did you have to change your brake lines, etc. or did those bars bolt right on?
Thanks again

Deuce Bigelow

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2010 FLTRX

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE Canyon Copper - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 08:33:46 PM »

changed brake, clutch lines, and throttle cables.
2010 FLTRX Road Glide Custom

ed ammon

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 05:45:06 AM »

your riser on your handlebars will change if you change your seat as well, I have the stock bars on my 08 but put a corbin touring seat on. It lowered me in the bike and put me closer to the bars. A lot easier then changing cables and bars and your back will thank you for the support. Not cheep at 700 dollars, but worth it. I can ride that bike 2-300 miles easy no back pain and with my 5 ft 10 inch body it has made riding the bike fun. That stock seat is a wall hanger.

crowen

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »

Hey Guys,
I have become frustrated searching through various catalog and with the dealer looking for pull back risers for my '08
Softtail Springer SE. I think I would be more comfortable on long rides if the bars were closer to me. I have my arms fully extended most of the time when I ride and it get's rather tiring around the 250 to 300 mile mark. I am looking for about a 2' pull back
the same height as the stock risers or maybe a little taller. Really don"t want mini-apes, but will also consider that option.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Shortdog

Here is what I did to mine.    I got some longer risers and pullback bars.    The risers take a 1" bar, but the bars I have are only 1" where the riser attaches:

crowen

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2010, 03:54:54 PM »

Here is what I did to mine.    I got some longer risers and pullback bars.    The risers take a 1" bar, but the bars I have are only 1" where the riser attaches:

Here is another pic that shows the bars:

JCW1354

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 12:06:28 PM »

I have been trying to do the same thing as well.  Crowen, I really like the look of those risers you used.  How much closer do you figure they brought the handles to you?  Are those the stock bars attached to the risers, or did you change those as well?  What modifications did you have to make to the cables and wiring for installation?  Do you have a brand and part # on the risers?  I know, lots of questions, but this may be just what I have been looking for.

Thanks in advance!

myhawaii

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »

Well guys I am trying to do the same thing but my handlebar is 1 1/4 so the risers on the picture don't work for me plus I need them to be a set of pullbacks as I get really tire after riding 150 miles or more. Has any of you been able to find 1 1/4 risers or a solution for this problem. I have added the Corbin sit as well, but I need the pullback as I am 5 7".

shortdog

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

My solution turned out to be a change of bars. There is no inch and a quarter pull back riser for the springer.
I posted the part numbers and pics on this forum acouple months ago. It's currently near the bottom of page four.

myhawaii

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 07:10:23 PM »

It look that I am close to a solution, I am changing the bars as well with Wild 1 Chubby WO510 with adapter  WO807 this will pull back 1,5" and if I need more pullback I will use the pulback riser WO531 that will work with the new Bar without the adapter. Thanks.

jrmediatv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 01:07:45 AM »

If ya get a chance post pics of that WO531 riser set back from wild1 chubby!! Thinking about putting the same thing on mine.

myhawaii

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 08:46:16 AM »

I will take some time as I order the parts yesterday, as soon as I have everything ready I will post the pictures

jrmediatv

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 12:02:09 AM »

thnkx

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.