Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Indian Motorcycles  (Read 968 times)

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Indian Motorcycles
« on: July 24, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »

I stopped at the local Indian dealer a few days ago.  They are really some beautiful bikes, but to get what boils down to a similar offering to a Road King Classic, it's a bit pricey at $38,000.  I told the owner that I'll consider one when they come out with a model with a tourpack and a source of music.  It's amazing how they could go to all that detail and not have anything but the rubber inserts for the floorboards.

I did notice that they had a really nice clothing line, especially their leather jackets.  Of course, the first one I picked out to try on had a price tag of $965.00.  The owner even thought that I was wrong and he checked the price, and sure enough it was marked correctly.  He told me that if I buy a bike, he'll through the jacket in for free.

He tried over and over to try to get me to take a test ride, and he kept letting me know that he would be willing to take my bike on trade.  As we were leaving, he decided to come out to take a look at our bikes (since they had no other customers).  Once he saw my 09 SEUC, he was in awe.  He told me that he now understood why I wouldn't want to trade my bike for an Indian.  As I kept showing him things on the bike, he kept saying "wow" and "no way".  It was pretty humorous.

He did tell me that he hasn't sold a huge number of bikes locally, but that since there aren't many dealers, he has sold lots of them to people in other parts of the country.  He also mentioned that next year or the year after, they will be offering a bike with some sort of tourpack that will be easily removed, like the saddlebags.  That's one thing very nice about the Indians...if you remove the saddlebags, the bike is still beautiful and ready to ride, with no evidence that there were saddlebags on the bike.

One last thing.  He had me listen to one with the stock exhaust modified and it sounded quite nice.  Stock, they sound just as bad as ours do.  Oh yeah, another thing too.  The biggest shock I had was when I went to get off of one of the bikes.  The kickstand plants on the ground right away and doesn't move like ours do.  The bike is very close to upright on the kickstand.  I really liked that.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
Re: Indian Motorcycles
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »

He tried over and over to try to get me to take a test ride...

One last thing.  He had me listen to one with the stock exhaust modified and it sounded quite nice.  Stock, they sound just as bad as ours do.  Oh yeah, another thing too.  The biggest shock I had was when I went to get off of one of the bikes.  The kickstand plants on the ground right away and doesn't move like ours do.  The bike is very close to upright on the kickstand.  I really liked that.

You should have taken the test ride. They are fantastic bikes. Obviously he's right about the rear luggage compartment coming soon. I am a bit surprised that he wasn't more familiar with your SEUC as that is the target market for the Chief.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 11:24:10 PM »

You should have taken the test ride. They are fantastic bikes. Obviously he's right about the rear luggage compartment coming soon. I am a bit surprised that he wasn't more familiar with your SEUC as that is the target market for the Chief.

AJ

Some people don't have a clue what a Screamin Eagle is.

Your right though, that is the target market!

SBB

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

T MAC

• Elite CVO Member
  • FREEDOM

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 - B/O
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 11:27:23 PM »

Haven't seen many Indian bikes on the West Coast - I guess there are not many dealers here.  I don't know of any in Seattle.  They are Beautiful bikes I have seen some older ones.  

There are a couple of local riders that just got new Triumph bonnevile bikes.  Not cruisers but they are really nice bikes and have an upgraded factory exhaust that really sounds sweet.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2009, 11:32:34 PM »

Haven't seen many Indian bikes on the West Coast - I guess there are not many dealers here.  I don't know of any in Seattle.  They are Beautiful bikes I have seen some older ones.  

There are a couple of local riders that just got new Triumph bonnevile bikes.  Not cruisers but they are really nice bikes and have an upgraded factory exhaust that really sounds sweet.

Chester's in Phoenix is the furthest West. One can not compare the new bikes to those of the Gilroy era or the Springfield's. It is now a totally new designed bike.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »

I was afraid to ride it after sitting on it.  I was afraid I might like it, and then I'd have to buy an entire new wardrobe.

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 25 queries.