Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I want one of these.  (Read 1598 times)

harleydave

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FXSTSSE 3
I want one of these.
« on: July 07, 2009, 04:10:10 AM »

Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
Re: I want one of these.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 07:55:41 AM »

It would be quite entertaining to watch someone ride it
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

BMF-110

• " Ride Loud, Ride Proud "
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "Guess where"

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3 SERT V&H Big Radius-SERT-Bags- Seat
    • CVO2: 1997 FXSTSB Too many things to mention
    • CVO3: 1982 XLCH Hardtail-Stretched&Lowered
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 08:19:07 AM »

Looks painfuf!!
"Courage is fear that has said its prayers"

gg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE2 Orange & Black
    • CVO2: FLHTCSE2 (Traded for 09 CUSE4) CUSE4 Sold 2012
    • CVO3: FXSTDSEI/ FLHRSEI2 (SOLD 2005)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 08:39:11 AM »

where can I buy one? A gas powered unicycle.

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 08:40:10 AM »

Errrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A lot of work went into this, that's obvious... But it's obviously 'just' a work of art and could not be ridden.

Unlike the 'other' one wheeled contraptions we've seen on the Internet with the person sitting inside the wheel to maintain a sense of balance, this one would has no such means of balancing.

Okay, I'm sure someone could make it move, but look at the starting position of the rider.  It's over the 'lack' of back wheel and when it were in balance, the seat would be top dead center and the headlight would be pointing on a 45 down in front of the thing.  The carb would be tilted in such a way that it would probably be floading all the time as well.

It looks like they intended the shocks to hold tension for the drive roller, but the complete motor assembly is rigidly mounted to the circle main frame.  They have a short chain going to the rear of the motor with what I would assume was a rubber roller driven on a jackshaft within the rear extention housing.  At least the rotation would be correct for an inside drive roller.

I once saw a Segway with a computer problem.  The rider was moving at about 8 mph they said and then it just slammed the rider face first onto the sidewalk; not a good faceplant in the video.  I could see this happening a lot with this contraption.

I've got to give them props though, lots of work and I'm sure it will bring lots of attention when taken to shows or put on display.

So guys, am I as full of poop at the guy that built this thing?  Do you think it could be ridden like a wheelie with any type of success?  Remember, with a wheelie you are using the weight and mass of the frame and front wheel as your flywheel for stability of sorts.  In my younger days I had a Triumph T-100 that I could ride a wheelie in second gear for miles, but never did do any shifting in the air, my balls weren't big enough...  But I had a friend that rode a unicycle and I could never ride that thing, bit the dirt a lot trying.

Harley Dave, thanks for posting the picture.

Take a look at these Uni-Bikes.  This website has tons of pictures, new and old, small and large.

http://www.bikemenu.com/photosunibike.html

;D  ;D  ;D
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »

I posted that pic here about a year and a half ago. I think that engine is an old agusta, which I believe is/was related to Ducati in some way. Never found out much more about it . Fun to see it again though.

sportygordy

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 10:30:36 AM »

I posted that pic here about a year and a half ago. I think that engine is an old agusta, which I believe is/was related to Ducati in some way. Never found out much more about it . Fun to see it again though.

The motor looks like same motor in the Sears Roebucks 250 cc bike I once had.. Heck, even the gas tank looks like the ole' Sears bike too. Lets seee.. that was back in 1969..

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

I can see that being used in the c1rcus along with the car that holds 35 clowns.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »

I can see that being used in the c1rcus along with the car that holds 35 clowns.

Not only with clowns in a circus, but imagine it with a dolly on the rear like a big commercial walk behind lawnmower.  It would have a hinge that would let it go sideways or hinge vertically, but not hinge horizontally.  Then the rear wheel or wheels would follow the single driven front wheel and you could either stand behind like on the walk behind dolly or ride on the seat with the wheelie wheel out back to stablize the fore and aft motion.  That could be fun for parking lot speeds, but not much more.

:D   :D   :D
Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 02:01:48 AM »

A lot of work went into this, that's obvious... But it's obviously 'just' a work of art and could not be ridden.

Unlike the 'other' one wheeled contraptions we've seen on the Internet with the person sitting inside the wheel to maintain a sense of balance, this one would has no such means of balancing.

Okay, I'm sure someone could make it move, but look at the starting position of the rider.  It's over the 'lack' of back wheel and when it were in balance, the seat would be top dead center and the headlight would be pointing on a 45 down in front of the thing.  The carb would be tilted in such a way that it would probably be floading all the time as well.

It looks like they intended the shocks to hold tension for the drive roller, but the complete motor assembly is rigidly mounted to the circle main frame.  They have a short chain going to the rear of the motor with what I would assume was a rubber roller driven on a jackshaft within the rear extention housing.  At least the rotation would be correct for an inside drive roller.

I once saw a Segway with a computer problem.  The rider was moving at about 8 mph they said and then it just slammed the rider face first onto the sidewalk; not a good faceplant in the video.  I could see this happening a lot with this contraption.

I've got to give them props though, lots of work and I'm sure it will bring lots of attention when taken to shows or put on display.

So guys, am I as full of poop at the guy that built this thing?  Do you think it could be ridden like a wheelie with any type of success?  Remember, with a wheelie you are using the weight and mass of the frame and front wheel as your flywheel for stability of sorts.  In my younger days I had a Triumph T-100 that I could ride a wheelie in second gear for miles, but never did do any shifting in the air, my balls weren't big enough...  But I had a friend that rode a unicycle and I could never ride that thing, bit the dirt a lot trying.

Harley Dave, thanks for posting the picture.

Take a look at these Uni-Bikes.  This website has tons of pictures, new and old, small and large.

http://www.bikemenu.com/photosunibike.html

;D  ;D  ;D

I think I'd take that bet.  I'm betting that someone rides that thing very proficiently.  I wonder if there is a video of someone riding it out there somewhere.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 02:05:37 AM »

Here's another one...a lot more modernistic though with a better center of balance.

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 06:33:48 AM »

Here's another one...a lot more modernistic though with a better center of balance.
Dave, it's you man
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 06:52:19 AM »

It's lacking chrome hinges tho....

Page created in 0.213 seconds with 25 queries.