Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HEavy Breather for SEEG?  (Read 2804 times)

tank146

• 2005 SEEG
HEavy Breather for SEEG?
« on: June 17, 2009, 08:10:41 AM »

Morning guys and gals,

Is it possible to install a Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather on my 05 SEEG?  IF so what is the part number?  I have looked on the Harley site and could not find the info.

Thanks
Tim

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: HEavy Breather for SEEG?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

Morning guys and gals,

Is it possible to install a Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather on my 05 SEEG?  IF so what is the part number?  I have looked on the Harley site and could not find the info.

Thanks
Tim

Take a look at the attachment Tim.  This is cut from the '09 SE Catalog, and it does indicate a part number that can be used on earlier model years (I've highlighted it in red).  There is also a disclaimer about not fitting with the lowers, I'm not sure if that's going to be a problem or not with the SEEG.  Depends on what they call gloveboxes.  If that's just the optional accessory hard lids and not the snap on vinyl covers, should be good to go on a stock SEEG. :confused5:  I've got to believe there is someone out there with a Heavy Breather on an e-glide with lowers; hopefully they will chip in with their comments.

Jerry
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 08:50:22 AM by grc »
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

tank146

• 2005 SEEG
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 02:37:40 PM »

Thanks.  I will check it out.  My next question is: Do these Screaming eagle electra glides come already stage 1 complete from the factory?

I had to do the stage 1 upgrade with my old road king, not sure if the screaming eagles came this way or not.

Once I add the heavy breather do I need the bike re mapped?  I am running screaming eagle pipes with thunder city baffles.

Thanks
Tim

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 11:13:08 PM »

The stock CVO103 in the SEEG is considered by H-D to be a stage 1 calibration from the factory.  It doesn't come with a high flow air cleaner, so when you do the high flow air cleaner and mufflers they had what they called a Stage 1 Race calibration download.  You would be much better off saving the $150 they charge for that download and applying it to a good tune with a Power Commander, SERT, TTS-MasterTune, or similar device.  Regardless of which way you decide to go, you definitely will need to remap with the Heavy Breather.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

tank146

• 2005 SEEG
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 10:36:54 AM »

THanks..

I was down at the dealer yesterday checking out my options.  Talk about frustrating.

I told them I was looking at buying the heavy breather, or the stage 1 air filter.  THey told me that in order to get a true "stage 1" I would have to switch out my screaming eagle pipes and my thunder city baffles, and buy a race tuner for 700 Canadian.  You have got to me kidding me.  Can I not run either of the new breathers screaming eagle or heavy breather and still keep my pipes.  700 for a race tuner...bull chit.

ANy ideas?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 12:05:29 PM »

THanks..

I was down at the dealer yesterday checking out my options.  Talk about frustrating.

I told them I was looking at buying the heavy breather, or the stage 1 air filter.  THey told me that in order to get a true "stage 1" I would have to switch out my screaming eagle pipes and my thunder city baffles, and buy a race tuner for 700 Canadian.  You have got to me kidding me.  Can I not run either of the new breathers screaming eagle or heavy breather and still keep my pipes.  700 for a race tuner...bull chit.

ANy ideas?

First idea that popped into my head is finding another shop.  I have no idea what might be available wherever you're located in Canada, but there's got to be a better dealer or a good independent somewhere relatively close.

I would guess that the reason you were told you would have to change pipes is that there is no canned map with the SERT that matches your proposed combination.  Therefore you would need a custom tune and these folks probably can't or don't do dyno tunes.  Based on my experiences with an '05, I would suggest that you will most likely want to look at a custom tune anyway.  I have never had any luck at all with Harley downloads or canned maps with my bike.  Obviously there are too many variations from bike to bike that make a map created on one bike not match up well with certain other bikes.

See if you can find a good tuner in your area and then talk to him about what you want to do.  He may be able to steer you to a better tuning device at a better price while also giving you a custom tune versus the canned map.

Jerry

tank146

• 2005 SEEG
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 05:43:58 PM »

Thanks Jerry.

I saw one of your posts for a "roll your own" air cleaner.  Would that work with my 05 SEEG?

I also came across the fuel moto usa website.  It seems like they will pre program the dynojet tuner based on what you are running and ship it to you.  Any experience with fuel moto?  Maybe I can keep my screaming eagle pipes and BCT baffles after all.

Thanks for all the help.
Tim

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 10:08:14 PM »

Thanks Jerry.

I saw one of your posts for a "roll your own" air cleaner.  Would that work with my 05 SEEG?

I also came across the fuel moto usa website.  It seems like they will pre program the dynojet tuner based on what you are running and ship it to you.  Any experience with fuel moto?  Maybe I can keep my screaming eagle pipes and BCT baffles after all.

Thanks for all the help.
Tim

The "roll your own" would work fine on your SEEG.  As for Fuel Moto and Jaime, great place and great guy.  I bought my PC from him a few years back before he got a lot bigger, but from what I've heard from others he is still great to deal with.  He will install a map in the PC he sends you that will be close, based on what mods you tell him you have.  Like all such "canned" maps, however, it may or may not be a great match.  If yours runs good, fine.  If it still has some popping or other issues, Jamie may be able to help or you may decide to get a custom tune locally.  Another major selling point with Fuel Moto is that they extend the factory one year warranty to two years, all while still having one of the best prices around.

Jerry

tank146

• 2005 SEEG
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 10:11:41 PM »

Thanks Jerry.  I am going try and "roll my own" then talk with Jamie.

Best,
Tim

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »

The stock CVO103 in the SEEG is considered by H-D to be a stage 1 calibration from the factory.  It doesn't come with a high flow air cleaner, so when you do the high flow air cleaner and mufflers they had what they called a Stage 1 Race calibration download.  You would be much better off saving the $150 they charge for that download and applying it to a good tune with a Power Commander, SERT, TTS-MasterTune, or similar device.  Regardless of which way you decide to go, you definitely will need to remap with the Heavy Breather.

Jerry

I wondered about this.  I bought my '06 SEUC last november and then it snowed the day I brought it home.  I was unable to ride it until this spring.  I have noticed the odor of gas and have heard the snap, crackel and pop.  I have the SERT and after market Rush slip ons.  The right side is now gold where the muffler connects to the head pipe.  I was told that this bike was all dynoed and had some sort of flash done to it.  I am about to buy the '07-08 head pipes and make it true duals with an auto tune modual of some brand. 

Any thoughts?

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

tank146

• 2005 SEEG
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:13:00 AM »

THanks for all the help guys. I ended up buying a power commander and stage 1 A/C from Jamie at fuel moto.  Seems to be doing fine.

Tim

Page created in 0.183 seconds with 25 queries.