Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Box Extension outside of exhaust pipes, 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6  (Read 2636 times)

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
Re: Box Extension outside of exhaust pipes, 2011.5 FLHTCUSE6
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 04:12:27 PM »

I kept all of the orginal parts - waxed them and put them back in the box the new parts came in.  For some reason I just hate to get rid of the orginal parts.  I also have an 2006 Lowrider that I have put a lot of extras on - still have all the orginal parts for this bike.

I saved the list of part numbers for this conversion if you decide to go this route - just let me know and I will send them to you.

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 07:33:04 PM »

Blue Goose,

You did the sums...  Is it better and cheaper to buy the extended bags vrs converting the old ones?  I am thinking, keep the old ones stock for backup in case of an accident.  It would also be good for colour matching and testing the paint in the sunlight and the shade...

So You ordered stock SESG extended bags, cost there Blue Goose?   Thanks for the answer in advance.  

Cool bit about this Forum, every 'original idea' I come up with, there is the experience of someone that has done it before...

Cowboy....  One of my other red blooded Harleys:

bluegoose

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CVO Ultra - Riptide Blue
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 09:31:23 PM »

I would suggest buying new extended bags - just my opinion. 

I got the bags from Harley part # 92003-10BDK - cost was $840 after the 20% discount.   This is just for the lower bags you have to use your old lids and all hardware.  This price was from Jan 2010 so it may have changed.

I ordered everything from Zanotti Harley to get the 20% discount.  Very pleased with service and shipping charges.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 03:50:36 AM »

I love the look as well..   Just sayin' :2vrolijk_21:

Cowboy2

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 09:21:52 PM »

Thank you Stu,
You have good tastes...  :2vrolijk_21:

I think I am hooked, and will do this Mod on Big Blue when it comes.  I have the magazine "American Bagger" that a friend keeps buying me and leaving on my desk here in Australia, and this look is BIIIG!!

I will probably keep the original bags in reserve incase of damage.  Getting new extended bags in Australia will be the $$ hickup..  :nixweiss:  Oh well, the price you pay for living out on the "Last Frontier"..

The only hangup is the pipes.  I just saw a scooter with what I assume was a set of V&H Monster ovals, and the filled the bag width and looked good.  They had a new end cap on the back, and it was wide open to a monster outlet for the exhaust.  I will wait to see if I can mod the stock mufflers to open them up, then do the bags.  Otherwise I am going to have to go with something like SE Slash down pipes to use the extended bags.

And the Painter, that will be the real hangup, getting it right in the sunlight to match...  Ooooo dats a hard one... But this is the cooolest part of HD, that I have enjoyed for forty years, the fact that you can mod your ride to have a one and only..

Ziploc

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2011, 04:23:09 PM »

I saved the list of part numbers for this conversion if you decide to go this route - just let me know and I will send them to you.

Late on replies... Thx Bluegoose!  Will probably hit you up in a few months when I get back from Baghdad.

Cheers!    :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.