Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 1505 times)

junglefrankjoe

Just a question
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »

I'm curious and wonder if any of you guru's can help me. The orange and black bike is on the far right in this picture. The bike is a 2006, and the owner claims it is a Screamin Eagle wide glide. He bought the bike not knowing much about it. Could you buy this bike off the floor back then, or has this bike just had the catalog thrown at it? Kinda hard to make out from the angle ,but if you blow it up you can see it some what. The bike does run really well but doesn't turn worth a darn. Thanks for any reply's!  :)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Just a question
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »

I'm curious and wonder if any of you guru's can help me. The orange and black bike is on the far right in this picture. The bike is a 2006, and the owner claims it is a Screamin Eagle wide glide. He bought the bike not knowing much about it. Could you buy this bike off the floor back then, or has this bike just had the catalog thrown at it? Kinda hard to make out from the angle ,but if you blow it up you can see it some what. The bike does run really well but doesn't turn worth a darn. Thanks for any reply's!  :)
In 2006 the CVO's/Screamin' Eagle bikes were V-Rod, Fatboy, and Ultra-Classic (as you can see by the link that was posted above). If that is a custom that is one person's interpretation and not a factory custom. I do like the paint it appears he was copying the '04 :pumpkin: ;D

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

1sharprdkg

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: Not CVO 2003 Road King Classic (Wife's) Sold her 99'RKC (Tinman)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 11:44:10 PM »

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pages/CVOs/CVO_History_Popup.jsp?locale=en_US
Well judging from this link, it is a sheep in wolf's clothing. Maybe lots of Screamn Eagle parts but no way a 2006 CVO Wide Glide... +what Fired00d said.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 11:46:13 PM by 1sharprdkg »
" Life is Tough, Life is Tougher if Your Stupid"... John Wayne.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:50:41 PM »

There were CVO Wide Glides.  But only in 2001 and 2002.  The bike pictured is just a DWG that someone threw paint and parts at.

Buy early

• 5k CVO Member
  • My future if I were Benjamin Button

• CVO1: 2001 FXDWG2 Switchblade - The Beast
    • CVO2: 2004 FXSTDSE2 Deuce - Beauty
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 12:00:28 AM »

Looks like a Wide Glide. Could be a Screamin' Eagle Wide Glide. Not a CVO Wide Glide. You have to remember that CVO and Screamin' Eagle are not synonymous. The first CVO bikes were the 1999 FXR2 and FXR3. They didn't have Screamin' Eagle motors. My 2001 CVO Wide Glide came with a stock 88CI motor. The first owner put in the SE 95 kit so now it is a Screamin' Eagle CVO Wide Glide but it didn't come from the factory that way.

The first CVO bike to be called a Screamin' Eagle was the 2000 SERG but the 2000 FXR4 was not called a Screamin' Eagle, yet it was still a CVO bike. In 2001 HD had the second edition CVO SERG and the non-Screamin' Eagle Wide Glide - FXDWG2 - the bike I own. In 2003 there was the second iteration of the CVO Wide Glide - the FWDWG3 - non-Screamin' Eagle, and the first Screamin' Eagle Road King - SERK. It wasn't until 2003 that all of the CVO bikes were referred to as Screamin' Eagles.

So, if your friend thinks he has a CVO bike, he does not. If he has done motor mods with SE parts, he can rightly say it is a Screamin' Eagle Wide Glide.

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 04:24:02 PM by Buy early »

sem_bunda

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 Electric Orange
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 03:40:37 PM »

I believe the CVO term technically is used only for from-the-factory SE customized bikes.  I prefer SE over CVO, but if you want to avoid pulling someone's chain or having yours pulled, CVO can't be anything you did yourself but only what came from the CVO assembly line.  SE refers to any/all the parts, CVO refers to the assembly type.

sooiee

• Senior CVO Member
    • NC
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »

I believe the CVO term technically is used only for from-the-factory SE customized bikes.  I prefer SE over CVO, but if you want to avoid pulling someone's chain or having yours pulled, CVO can't be anything you did yourself but only what came from the CVO assembly line.  SE refers to any/all the parts, CVO refers to the assembly type.

agreed...a lot of general HD owners believe that throwing a SE air filter, SE slip ons and maybe some SE cams= a SE bike.  Oh...you've got one of those Screamin Eagle bikes...me too.  NOT! 
That's why the MoCo came up with the group Custom Vehicle Operations was in order to prevent that and create differentiations.   
Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a motorcycle.

Wanna ride

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »

I'm starting to hear a sense of "elitus". Who cares? Aren't they all motorcycles, and not status symbols?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 02:45:47 PM »

I'm starting to hear a sense of "elitus". Who cares? Aren't they all motorcycles, and not status symbols?

Yes, they are all motorcycles.  No, they are not all CVOs.

For some, they are status symbols........you can tell those by how few miles are on the clock. :huepfenlol2:

On the serious side.......I think they were just trying to help jfj know and understand the difference in response to his question.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Wanna ride

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 05:59:23 PM »

Gotcha. I've just noticed that sometimes it starts to smell a little snooty in here. Don't get me wrong, not by everyone and not all the time. Just a little wisk of it once in a while.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »

Gotcha. I've just noticed that sometimes it starts to smell a little snooty in here. Don't get me wrong, not by everyone and not all the time. Just a little wisk of it once in a while.

Go to one of the big GTGs (get togethers) and meet a bunch of these people.  It's easy to misinterpret tone or intent on the net but after you meet these people you'll know they're really very likeable.  One on the east coast coming up soon, click on this link...........  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43289.0
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.