Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modify Stock CVO Baffles  (Read 2840 times)

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
Modify Stock CVO Baffles
« on: August 24, 2009, 11:49:53 AM »

I have Bub 7 slip-ons and they were too loud for me. I took baffles out and wrapped in stove-rope, a little quieter. Still too much though. Thought of buyin a set of 1-3/4" baffles to put in stock mufflers. So I took out stock baffles and thought about modifying them since they're gonna be junk anyway if I get another set. So this is what I did.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

Re: Modify Stock CVO Baffles
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:34 AM »

I used 3" air cut-off wheel and removed the sections that redirect the exhaust and reduce the outlet volume in half to give the exhaust a straight shot through.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »

I also cut the tips back further than I had before to hide the small tips from the end of the big billet tip. Then I hit em with a wire brush on a drill to clean off the rust and carbon. Not necessary, but I had the time.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »

Finally I sprayed them with stove black paint.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 11:58:34 AM »

Just put them back in the cans and pop riveted to secure them. If anything it will definitely be louder than stock and I'm sure quieter than the Bub's. If I don't like it....oh well only cost me a lil time and supplies I had around anyway. Then I'll tear em out and spend the money on different baffles. Goin to bed soon so I'll probably swap them out tomorrow morning.

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »

Pete, Ive done similar modifications a number of times, if you didn;t like the bubs you may have overdone it, ive found that just adding a dozen 1/4 holes to the Chambers increases the volume quite a bit, you have pretty much eliminated any restriction, advise how they sound.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 12:01:47 PM »

Not as loud when you're on it, but about the same around idle. A little rappier rather than lower. Not bad, but not good. Thought smaller diameter would be quieter. It is definitely quieter wide open, but not at lower rpm. Oh well, back to the 7's. Waitin for them to make a quieter baffle. :-\. So if you want an inexpensive louder exhaust this is an option. I just wanna find somethin between 7's and 7 stealth. The youtube clip sounds too quiet, gotta hear one in person.

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 01:48:14 PM »

Well I called Bub and left a message inquiring when the baffle would be available. They just called me back and said it is now offered although they don't have it on their website yet. Girl told me it was a quieter insulated baffle. So $120 and should have em in a week. Maybe there is an end in sight.............. ::)

dartman

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »

So $120 and should have em in a week. Maybe there is an end in sight

Pete, those were my exact words 20 sets of mufflers ago, Still experimenting trying to find that elusive perfect sound.

Page created in 0.132 seconds with 25 queries.