Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2010 Headpipe mod.  (Read 982 times)

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
2010 Headpipe mod.
« on: August 26, 2009, 03:16:47 PM »

Just modified a 2010 Headpipe. No surprises, business as usual.
Absolutely identical to the 09 with the exception of the 02 location and size.

Steve

Special thanks to Mike Menaker for riding with a Fullsac!
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Doc 1

• Doc 1
  • Vendor
  • Elite CVO Member
Re: 2010 Headpipe mod.
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 03:41:16 PM »

Just modified a 2010 Headpipe. No surprises, business as usual.
Absolutely identical to the 09 with the exception of the 02 location and size.

Steve

Special thanks to Mike Menaker for riding with a Fullsac!

Thats a good shot of the sensor location....now the the CAT is out I can clearly see the 02 sensors are in a position to cross talk....this is going to cause a problem tuning these bikes. There is enough room in the wiring harness to locate the sensors up stream a little and get them out of the collector area....this would be a good time to modify and relocate the bungs .....what do you think Steve?
Doc's Performance Tuning

www.docsperformancetuning.com

moscooter

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »

:cherry:
Unless there is a partition between the two bung holes that is not visible in this shot,  I think maybe you have noted a possible problem...... :nixweiss:

LarryB

• Tennessee Squire
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 FLTRSE3 The Grey Ghost
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 04:28:56 PM »

Doc said relocate the Bungs :zroflmao:
Take it Easy Greasy Cuz it's a long walk home.

Did I shave my head for this?

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 04:57:39 PM »

I guess I will let you guys figure this one out. I've got a good 3 months of riding before I take the bike apart and send in my pipe!

Fullsac Performance

• Vendor
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Never ride with a Halfsac! Insist on Fullsac Perf!
    • AZ

• Fullsac Performance
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:51 AM »

Thats a good shot of the sensor location....now the the CAT is out I can clearly see the 02 sensors are in a position to cross talk....this is going to cause a problem tuning these bikes. There is enough room in the wiring harness to locate the sensors up stream a little and get them out of the collector area....this would be a good time to modify and relocate the bungs .....what do you think Steve?

Hey Doc

The front cylinders (lower) primary extends through the cast section past the 02 port about 4 -5 inches, almost to the weld. Its actually pre drilled before assembly allowing the 02 port to pass through. They are divided but within 5 inches downstream its all a common plenum.
Maybe You or Steve Cole can add to this.
Its my understanding that the 02 sensors read in sequence with the exhaust valve opening to obtain a dense sample during that moment of high pressure within the system. Exhaust pressure at idle is lowest making this the most difficult time to obtain a good exhaust sample. As soon as we add high flow mufflers and remove the cat, we have lowered back pressure and potentially agrevated the situation. If reversion between sensors is a problem, we can always drop the closed loop and tune the old fashioned way with probes to get clean AFR samples in the lower RPM range. I think after 2 grand with any load, the 02 sensors will have clean samples. I have a 2010 Ultra limited hitting the dyno in 2 weeks for a Stage I Sleeper kit. I guess we will find out!

Steve
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:38:58 AM by Fullsac Perf »
Steve@fullsac.com  www.fullsac.com
Never argue with idiots. They will beat you with experience.

Steve Cole

• Manufacturer TTS
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »

What I can add to this is that yes, I believe there will be cross talk between the sensors in this exhaust configuration. The calibrations we supply are adjusted for the cross talk that is there based on the exhaust configuration. So this means a calibration for a 2 into 1 is different than a 2 into 1 into 2. All our calibration work has been done with the cat in place except for one calibration we have done for a Thunderheader. What is going to happen I cannot say just yet but removing the cat is sure going to get interesting on the 2010 Touring models.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 25 queries.